This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download and run syscheck
    This will show if you have any vulnerable IOSs to use to install/downgrade other IOSs.
    Last edited by charlesr; 08-09-2010, 10:01.

Comment

USB HDD is up and running again. I restored to 3.2 (I have a handy SD card with it on) via bootmii and then put the patches back on. Stupid machine (probably user error).

Comment

lol, what an idiot. I forgot to back up my save games to SD.

Comment

My wii is homebrew channelled at 4.1 er it hink or 4.2 i forget, anyway to play metroid other M it asks for a system update, can i do this safely?

I never hsould of done all the homebrew stuff, it was just i wanted to play no more heroes 2 so badly

Comment

No, it'll take your homebrew channel off and put the latest update on. I think to get homebrew browser back on the latest one you'd need Lego Indiana Jones and not Zelda.

If you don't want homebrew channel then you should be ok but for some reason Nintendo warns that updates can break stuff if you've modified your Wii. That could just be scaremongering, though.

Comment

cool thanks billy

Comment

If you use gecko loader, it'll install anything metroid needs without updating. Most likely it doesn't need anything so as long as you can block the update it'll be fine

Comment

Metroid doesn't need 4.3 to work.
                  Something like Startpatch can block the dics updates.

Backup your Wii first though.

Comment

No idea what gecko loader is, dont remember installing it

i actually have a 600meg or so nand backup which i saved when I homebrewed the console, ive no idea what todo with it tho if the worst happens, but im sure i could find out and restore things

Comment

Is there an easy way to play PAL games on my 4.2 US Wii? That's all I want to do - not worried about back ups or anything, just want to buy some cheaper games.

Bear in mind I'm thick, so it would need to be simple...

Comment

Is this simple enough

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                          Is this simple enough
                          No. Simple would be me waking from a beautiful dream & it already being done for me

Thanks for the link, will investigate

Comment

Didn't mean to be awkward but there are so many guides out there that are pretty good that it is daft not to use one.
                            Glad you took it as intended.

Comment

I now have a softmodded Wii! Wasn't too tricky at all really.

I have a program called USB loader GX - does that mean I can store my games on a hard drive? If so, any recommendations for what's compatible?

Comment

I've moved to Configurable USB loader

edit by charlesr: sorry had to remove some links according to the rules.
                                Last edited by charlesr; 05-10-2010, 11:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X