Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You BEAUTIES! thanks to all for the help. I now have a StartPatched 4.3u Wii which plays everything via the main menu. Exactly what I wanted. Perfect!

Comment

Great to hear

If any more new-ish games dont load in future you just need to update the IOS the game requires using DOP-Mii and you should be good to go
      Last edited by Link83; 10-06-2011, 14:44.

Comment

I believe Gecko loader can extract the required IOS from games, as a short term solution until you update the IOS properly. That said, I can't imagine Nintendo will be releasing too many more updates for the Wii. Hell, 4.3 has been out for ages.

Comment

Well I got the homebrew channel installed ok but everytime I try to run startpatch it crashes with an error code.
          looks like an ios error, any pointers?

Comment

Ok, I've never put any of the homebrew features to good use on my Wii so I want to restore it to 'I've never hacked this machine, honest guv!' status. Is this possible? A guide perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
              Ok, I've never put any of the homebrew features to good use on my Wii so I want to restore it to 'I've never hacked this machine, honest guv!' status. Is this possible? A guide perhaps?
              Depending on what firmware have have and what homebrew is installed you should be able to delete most of it, but its worth noting that you can never completely remove all traces of homebrew from your NAND - Nintendo can always tell if you had homebrew installed at one point or another, no matter what you do.

Things you can do (if installed):-

- Remove BootMii/boot2 by using DOP-Mii to install original boot2v4 (A little risky)
              - Uninstall all Startpatch/Priiloader hacks
              - Delete any channels (Homebrew Channel, USB Loader Channel, etc)
              - If on firmware 4.3 or below you can perform a firmware update through Nintendo's servers which will remove/stub all cIOS etc.
              - If your on firmware 4.3 you can either wait and see if Nintendo makes another firmware update, or you will have to use DOP-Mii to manually delete any patched IOS/cIOS and install original Nintendo IOS.

Doing all the above should get you back to a Wii that appears 'untouched'
              Last edited by Link83; 13-06-2011, 14:13.

Comment

Letterbomb available for 4.3 system menu.
                Last edited by charlesr; 17-08-2011, 11:53.

Comment

Right.
                  With this weeks release of Xenoblade Chronicles, I've decided to soft mod my launch model USA Wii and get my RPG fix.
                  Bearing in mind I've not really been bothered about modding the Wii until now (also didn't help that it's been left to gather dust for a while)

So I've downloaded the letterbomb exploit (and applied) to the Wii, and have also downloaded gecko OS 1.9.3.1 from that link above.

All I want to do is play JPN imports and cheap PAL bargains. Nothing more. So far it seems to have done the trick, as it's booted up New Super Mario Bros Wii (PAL) and some JPN NGC games like RE4 so far. So I presumed it's worked alright.

Without wanting to sift through the many pages, my questions are:

- Is there any other apps I need? what is this priiloader? I've heard that I might need it?
                  - If I have non native Wii software, can I use the online functionality?

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                    Value of Lego Indiana Jones plummets 95% overnight.

Jimtendo: I believe all you need to do is make sure you've got the required CIOS files then use any up to date backup launcher to play it.

Comment

I followed all the steps and the hombrew channel and bootmii seem to installed correctly on my Wii. Is this all I need to do play import GC games? They don't seem to work yet.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
                        I followed all the steps and the hombrew channel and bootmii seem to installed correctly on my Wii. Is this all I need to do play import GC games? They don't seem to work yet.
                        You'll need a loader such as GeckoOS or Priiloader to patch system for region free.
                        Apps such as GeckoOS are copied to an SD card and started from the HBC
                        Last edited by charlesr; 17-08-2011, 11:54.

Comment

You'll need a loader such as GeckoOS or Priiloader to patch system for region free.
                          Apps such as GeckoOS are copied to an SD card and started from the HBC
                          I'll give that a shot.

Thank you!
                          Last edited by charlesr; 17-08-2011, 11:54.

Comment

Links removed.

Comment

Oops sorry.

Comment

Right.
                                Got myself sorted out with StartPatch and selected the various stuff i wanted applied such as blocking disk/ internet updates, and region free etc. Also did a backup NAND with bootmii.

Now perusing around, I decided to see what's what with the Nintendo Channel (since I haven't used the thing in ages) and it asks me for an update. Well, it gives me an error: 262103, and the two choices are either go back to the Wii menu or update.

Is it safe to update?
                                Or is this totally different to the official system updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X