Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as you can get the homebrew channel on to it then to answer your question: yes, via GeckoOS.

There might be complications with using the shopping channel though - I'm not up to date in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
      but the dual (8 cm and 12 cm) slot-loading drive must cost a bit to produce.
      Nah, it's just a 2 switches just behind the slot and only the more lateral switch gets pushed (and moves out of the way) when inserting a 12cm CD.

Every japanese slot loading cd/dvd player (?until recently) allowed 8cm CDs as music cd singles tended to be 8cm until the mid 1990s.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new low cost Wii drive still accepts gamecube discs just to prevent mechanical drive errors by people putting the wrong type of disc in.

Comment

Update my PAL Wii for the first time in AGES (went from System Menu 3.4E to 4.3E). Used the Letterbomb exploit to re-install HBC & BootMii. Works fine - import games (via GeckoOS), homebrew apps, etc.

Funnily enough though, My PAL copy of Skyward Sword is still asking for a System Update on the main Disc Channel - what's up with that?
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 27-11-2011, 09:55.

Comment

You should install Start Patch to make sure it never succeeds. Using that you may also load directly from the system menu.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
            You should install Start Patch to make sure it never succeeds. Using that you may also load directly from the system menu.
            Hmmm...I've heard about StartPatch...isn't it capable of bricking a Wii (an admittedly moot point if I've already installed BootMii, I know - I've been out of the Wii-modding loop for a while!)?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              Update my PAL Wii for the first time in AGES (went from System Menu 3.4E to 4.3E). Used the Letterbomb exploit to re-install HBC & BootMii. Works fine - import games (via GeckoOS), homebrew apps, etc.

Funnily enough though, My PAL copy of Skyward Sword is still asking for a System Update on the main Disc Channel - what's up with that?
              One of the IOS must be outdated or you have IOS249/222/223 installed. If you use d2x you won't need those IOS, as you can install it in another slots.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflakes View Post
                One of the IOS must be outdated or you have IOS249/222/223 installed. If you use d2x you won't need those IOS, as you can install it in another slots.
                Yeah...I've heard that the "Update" on Skyward Sword is merely an IOS update and not an actual System Update - apparently, just updating off the disc doesn't affect any homebrew already installed on the Wii...but I'm probably gonna stick to loading Skyward Sword via GeckoOS for now - don't really feel confident enough to delve into the world of cIOS' at this point.

Comment

Actually new updates do not have anything new, but they do check for some cios and other modification. If it finds anything suspicious, then the system update shows up in the disc channel.

Comment

helpp

hey guys I need help.. My wii was softmodded previously on 4.3U but the usbloader was kinda giving me random freezes so I decided to try mauifrog's method for softmod to 4.1. I believe mine is a PAL wii. Anyway, I'm using component cables and the wii looks normal before the mauifrog's softmod. After I softmodded it, the whole wii home screen shows two black bars at each side. However, when I load up usbloader gx 2.0, it shows in fullscreen (no black borders, bars). Certain japanese games I've tried played in fullscreen, but most NTSC games I own shows the two black bars at each side when I play them. I have tried changing back to composite cables, and it showed up fine(without the black bars). I have played with both my wii and tv settings but to no avail.
                    The weird thing is previously it was showing fine, but after the softmod it becomes like that.

Need help here.
                    thanks!

Comment

There's a vid on youtube of someone using USB Loader GX to fire up GC games (says something about GC Launcher). Is this fake? I thought that usb was diabled during GC mode.

Comment

Google for DML. I don't think it work with HDDs/USB port, but with SD slot.

Comment

High capacity cards are hella cheaper these days...

Comment

I managed to get DML working this weekend after a bit of reading.
                            Using an updated version of USB loader, Wii and GC game loading is seamless.
                            I only wanted to play TOS but after seeing it for the first time in a while I don't think I'll bother.

Comment

Sorry to seem stupid, but is there an idiot-proof guide to play Japanese Gamecube-games on my (unmodded) US Wii?

Comment

It varies depending on the version of the OS you have.

Comment

Working...
                                X