Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, 3.4 has been cracked, and you can even downgrade your wii to 3.2 so you can use the trucha bug again and stuff.

Comment

Hey, zzr600 (I used to have one of those).

Toto SDY adalah situs resmi penyedia live draw sdy prize yang akurat, Dan dapatkan juga siaran live sdy pools sebagai angka result sdy hari ini.

Should sort you out. Note that some wireless routers don't work too well with homebrew at the mo, so you might need to turn off encryption while doing the region change if it has trouble connecting.

Comment

I'm slightly baffled. I downgraded to 3.2U using cIOS Downgrader and used Starfall to patch my system to have region free Wii/GC/Channels, health warning skip and update block. Indeed I can boot my Japanese GC games on my US Wii, but my UK copies of Mario Kart and No More Heroes are not recognised. Of course, I can still boot these through Gecko OS, but why has the Starfall patch seemingly not worked for my Wii games?

EDIT - It's worth noting that I installed the modified IOS's from later updates for maximum compatibility. These are the same ones found on Wiibrew and similar places, so I can't see why it would make a difference (having newer IOS's simply means I can run newer games without needing to update).
        Last edited by sj33; 25-12-2008, 02:11.

Comment

Starfall region free patching is is out of date in v0.5 which is the latest one available at the moment.

Comment

Somewhat annoying. If only we could permanently apply the Menuloader or GeckoOS Rebooter patches.

Comment

Nevermind, I am stupid
              Last edited by honeymustard; 04-01-2009, 21:16.

Comment

Is there any way around the shop region lock yet?

I finally got around to installing the shop channel patch so I could buy some games again, but the last thing I had done before Nintendo shop update was to switch to the Euro region to get Last Ninja II. Unfortunately this means I'm now locked to Euro shop region lameness..... DOH!!! I don't want to have to buy another Wii just for jap shop stuff ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Is there any way around the shop region lock yet?

I finally got around to installing the shop channel patch so I could buy some games again, but the last thing I had done before Nintendo shop update was to switch to the Euro region to get Last Ninja II. Unfortunately this means I'm now locked to Euro shop region lameness..... DOH!!! I don't want to have to buy another Wii just for jap shop stuff ffs.
                  Couldn't you just downgrade?

Comment

Downloaded UAE4Wii today because me and the brother fancied some Worms, and the Amiga version was always the best. Two crippling problems with the emulator - games run too fast in 60Hz mode, and most Amiga games were PAL. Just give Cannon Fodder a go...
                    Also, no AGA support, so Worms: Director's Cut is a no-go. Other than that, seems to work nice.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    If your running it on a ntsc console you can use any region changer to set your consoles video output to pal so it fixes the speed problem.
                    Is there any downside to doing this? I use Component 480p generally.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                      Couldn't you just downgrade?
                      I'm not sure. I'll give it a go, but I think Nintendo's servers remember your last shop state and block it if the same wii tries to be different.

Comment

Tried downgrading, but once it finished, it had blank in the installed region.... and said there was a mismatch between area and menu. Great... Please don't brick. Please don't brick. Will try again.

Comment

Doh. No joy.

Comment

I think I might have a corrupt title. It says ES_deleteTitle (ret -106). Am I screwed? I can't find any info on this on wiibrew.

Comment

I just took the plunge and rebooted and it seems to work ok.... for now.

Comment

So did you get your region changed back?

Comment

Working...
                                X