How do you stop a PSP going flat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you stop a PSP going flat?

Just about every time I go to use my PSP it's lost it's charge. Other than removing the battery after using it is there any way to stop it from draining it's battery?

Are you switching it off properly? Sounds daft I know, but it took a while before I realised the difference between a quick flip of the power button and a prolonged hold.

Comment

Are you switching it off properly or just flicking the power switch up (thus putting it in to (the battery draining) Sleep Mode). Also turn off the WLAN thingy via the switch on the left hand side.

In my experience PSP batteries are pretty much knackered after a couple of years if you use it almost daily. I replaced my battery with another official one last year and haven't looked back since.

EDIT: No45 and his nimble fingers gggrrr

Comment

I usually have the WLAN off and I have tried holding the power button longer but it doesn't seem to help. Is there any indication that the PSP is fully powered off and not in sleep mode?

Comment

Mine does this too and I definately turn it off right. I think the battery is just rubbish. You'd expect it to lose some charge over time but the speed that the PSP's runs out is poor.

Which is annoying, as I can play a charged GBA months and years later and it's still charged from the time before!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            I usually have the WLAN off and I have tried holding the power button longer but it doesn't seem to help. Is there any indication that the PSP is fully powered off and not in sleep mode?
            No, but when you turn it back on from a proper switch-off you go through all the Sony start up screen etc, when powering back up from sleep mode you go straight to the media bar screen - you probably already know that anyway sorry.

Comment

Quiting the game you're playing and going back to the main screen before turning it off also helps I've found.
              Though when I play it I kill the battery very quickly. I'm looking forward to getting a 3000 for Christmas rather than the secondhand 1000 I got off a mate.

Comment

Ah well. Thanks for the help lads. Nothing I didn't try already. Just have to go back to pulling the battery out.

Comment

I used to switch my PSP off properly having gone to the system menu and the battery would still discharge over time. Just got used to it and accepted how it was...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

yeah, I believe its the type of battery used, I dunno

PSP 3000's battery is even worse apparently!

Comment

That's OK though, because you can buy better ones!

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                        PSP 3000's battery is even worse apparently!
                        The official word seems to be that the battery in the newer model is exactly the same as the older one so you'll get the same problems with it but luckily the power consumption of the newer model is lower so when you increase the brightness you'll still get the same 6 hours play time with it.

Comment

Official PlayStation Blog for news and video updates on PlayStation, PS5, PS4, PS VR, PlayStation Plus and more.

yes

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            Yes, there was with the original PSP, not sure if it is same on slim PSP but when flicking the power supply, going into sleep mode the power light blinks twice fast, wehn holding it down the light blinks slower.

Comment

yep, same as the slim

Comment

Working...
                              X