Having trouble running Emus on my UnleashX Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble running Emus on my UnleashX Xbox

I have tried it before, but i put it down to being the special emu bundle disc. But i downloaded a new one today and i still get the same problem, most emulators won't launch i will just get a blank screen, particularly Super Nintendo...

I don't know what to do, i'm thinking about doing a system format and installing the bios again, but i forgot how to do it. I know i did a backup or something for it, but i can't remember for the life of me.

I might not even need to do this anyway, so please can anyone help me out, i want to play some snes goodness. I have a pal xbox if that matters.

Hows the xbox connected, you using RGB or component?

Comment

Component

Comment

I'm assuming you've got the 480p, 720p and 1080i settings enabled in the dash. I use a vga cable with mine and couldn't get the snes emu to work in 480p or above, went to a black screen, I think it was because everything was defaulting to 480i which my monitor wouldn't do.

I think the emu was xsnes9x which I found out doesn't support anything above 480i, changed over to the zsnes one and it works fine. Not sure if yours is the same problem but if the emulators aren't upto date on that disc they might not support 480p and above. Might be worth installing another dash like xbmc and the emulators individually as well to see if that works.

Comment

AAAh. Your probably right mate, i have no idea what the emulator is on the disc. But whenever i put the disc on it automatically goes to 720p, even if i have it disabled. I'll give it a shot with an rgb scart to see if that works in the meantime.

EDIT: Just tried it out and now it works on an RGB Scart Lead. Thanks for the help mate, i would never have guessed otherwise. Now, i have to keep an eye out for Zsnes.
          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 11-09-2008, 22:56.

Comment

Glad to hear you've got it sorted mate, if you google for a site called eurasia.nu and register there you can pretty much find every upto date emu for the xbox on there including the zsnes one.
            Last edited by Phar; 11-09-2008, 23:45.

Comment

Thanks mate, downloading and sorting it out now. You wouldn't happen to know of a compatible 480p Nes emulator aswell?

Comment

Haven't got any Nes ones on mine so not entirely sure, any emulators by xport should work though as his Megadrive emulator NeoGenesis and PCEngine one MednafenX work fine on mine. I think his Nes ones called FCEUltraX

Comment

For some strange reason, i get scrambled picture when i start Zsnes. I think its because for some strange reason 480p is enabled at startup even though i have disabled it in the system bios. Any idea what i need to do? :/

Comment

Still at work at the minute so can't try it to be certain but try enabling 480p in the dash as well then start Zsnes up. I think Zsnes defaults to 480p on first start up, you can change it to 720p afterwards.

Comment

I tried that mate, no luck. I have even deleted the Zsnesxbox.ini and tried changing the skin manually through an ftp, but still no luck. The skin did change though, so i did something right. There must be an option to enable 480p or 720p in the ini, but i can't seem to find it. :/

The thing is, i know the emulator is working when this is happening as i can hear the music aswell i can select the different options.
                      Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 12-09-2008, 16:30.

Comment

Just to make sure you are using Zsnesxbox 3.5? try opening up the Zsnesxbox.ini and make sure a setting called HDMode looks like this HDMode=1.

Comment

Theres no HDMode listed in the .ini and i am using Zsnesxbox 3.5. I will write it in myself and see if that works.

EDIT: Bugger, that didn't work either. I have even selected a 720p Zelda Skin, which i can see and hear the music for. But its still appearing as 480p. :/
                          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 12-09-2008, 17:41.

Comment

Thats odd as the HDMode=1 is definitely in my Zsnesxbox.ini, so just to be clear do you get that garbled screen when you load up the emulator or when you load up a game.

Also is this a softmod or a proper modchip, don't know anything about softmods but I know you can't enable HD modes with a PAL unit, my modchip lets me change the region to NTSC then I get options in the original MS Dash for setting 480p, 720p, 1080i. Does the softmod do that because if it doesn't that might be a problem.

Comment

Its a garbled screen when i load it up. I have softmodded my pal xbox, but i have a region changer program on it, to turn it into ntsc. I don't have any problems playing original xbox games in 480p or 720p.

Comment

Working...
                              X