Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to install PS1/PS2 games on PS3 hard drive from disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to install PS1/PS2 games on PS3 hard drive from disc?

Forgive me if the answer is obvious (i dont have a clue) I have a Ntsc-j PS3 if that makes any difference? So is it possible? And how?
    Thanking you.

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. Closest you can get is the PS1 download system from the PS Store.

Comment

Ah thanks. Thats a shame.

Comment

Some of the PS2 games that supported PS2 install mode on the PS2 hard disk, will now install and work on the PS3 also, in the latest firmware updates. its not many titles. though, and they are all JP

(oh, noticed you have a JP PS3 heh)

Comment

Ha! Intresting, better update my firmware i guess! Is there a list of games around that supported hard drive installation?

Comment

You might have varying luck with them on PS3 however due to support being added through firmware on individual titles. so

Comment

God bless you my son. EDIT: Bah, only two games on that wiki list id want. Oh well, thanks anyway.
              Last edited by SuperDanX; 18-09-2008, 16:18.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                Some of the PS2 games that supported PS2 install mode on the PS2 hard disk, will now install and work on the PS3 also, in the latest firmware updates. its not many titles. though, and they are all JP

(oh, noticed you have a JP PS3 heh)
                2 games, and I'd lay money Dan doesn't have them.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

If you have a PS2, even one with a dodgy laser you can run your PS2 games from a HD even a USB one without a modchip. Free MCBoot runs from a softmodded Memcard. When games are installed on the HD they effectively become region free as well.
                  It's a pain to get installed if you don't have access to a chipped console but I can do this for anyone interested.

Comment

Does Free McBoot also run any region disks, or is it only from images on the hdd?

Comment

It can boot any homebrew app from the memcard as well so if there is one then it will do it but I've never used it in this way so I don't know.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. Are there any apps that allow ftp transfer to (and from) the PC? Just like on the GC and DC I mean...

Comment

If it is just to transfer stuff from/to memcard the built in file manager supports USB sticks

Comment

Working...
                          X