Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI Questions

Hello

I'm having a couple of problems with my sony bravia and wondered if someone could confirm if my tv needs repair (it's under warranty)

With my PS3 at random the screen will flash up static like when a tv has no channels tuned in. it's not a huge issue but with the following others it is one more for the list of faults

With my xbox 360 I tried connecting it to both the other rear socket and the 3rd side hdmi port. both of them resulted in a horrible image compared to the one the ps3 is pugged into. are they faulty?

and thirdly when conencting anything via the vga input I got no picture at all be it a pc or a dreamcast.

is the tv a bit stuffed?
    Last edited by Darkstorm; 25-09-2008, 12:33.

Both mine and my friend have different TV's and they both do the static fuzz with the PS3 via the HDMI but only during the boot up. After that its fine. I think its just normal, unless it doesn't clear at all, or does it while your playing.

Comment

Could somone let me know if the HDMI ports should all have the same picture?

It's just I thought HDMI was a standard conenction so I dont see why when connecting through port 2 on the back or port 3 on the side I get a noticably inferior picture.

Is this common practice among lcd's? or is my tv faulty?

Comment

Sounds like the TV may have a fault, we have a bravia in the living room - just connected the 360 via the second hdmi input, same image on both.
        Sorry mate looks like you may have to return it.

Comment

ah well good to know one way or the other =)

I figured it was a problem as the vga input didnt work either so thought there might be some bad wiring internally.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X