DC progressive scan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC progressive scan?

Can the DC do prog. scan or at least output in component?

If so, what leads do I need?

Technically no... The DC can do VGA via the VGA box and if your TV supports VGA (via 15 Pin, DVI (must support Analogue RGB) or 5 BNC connectors) then use that. If not then you can get a VGA to Component Transcoder but they can be quite expensive (over ?100....).

Comment

More than I wanted to spend, it was only an idea as I've now got a Toshiba that does prog. scan.

Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Worth noting that a DC + vga box + component transcoder should be comparable in quality to 'true' prog scan 480p, and look a hell of a lot better than rgb scart.

Just need to find a cheaper vga 640x480 -> component 480p transcoder. All the ones I've seen on the net are around ?100 tho...

Comment

Hi

I've been speaking to Joe @ tmfsolutions (recommended to me by the guys at avforums.com) re getting a progressive scan image from my Sky+ & PS2 box and I asked him about getting a progressive scan image from the VGA adapter from my DC:

Originally posted by Joe
          You can get some cheap VGA to Component converters (up to ?200) but they don't work very well at all, they tend to suffer from colour bleeding and/or smeering. You really need to spend at least ?600 on a decent VGA to Component converter to get anything decent.
          Obviously he could be selling me a line, but he is highly rated by the guys at avforums

Anybody using a VGA to Component converter like to comment?

Comment

Effectively what a VGA to Component video convertor is doing is converting RGB into Red Colour Difference and Blue Colour Difference and Luminance Signals and the TV converts this back into RGB.... You can see why you would get colour loss and bleeding from... Decently Plamsas will have RGB inputs either via DVI, VGA or BNC connectors, it's worth using those as VGA RGB is much better then Component Prog Scan.

Comment

Ok, makes sense, but I don't have a VGA input on my telly, only component.

Comment

I was hoping there was someway of at least getting a component signal out of it by modding a lead (similar to the RGB lead for the GC where a component and analogue lead a wired up to output RGB) but obviously not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitcher
                  I was hoping there was someway of at least getting a component signal out of it by modding a lead (similar to the RGB lead for the GC where a component and analogue lead a wired up to output RGB) but obviously not.
                  that only works because the dac is in the gamecube component cable rather than the console, and supports rgb as well as component video with a hack.

Comment

Working...
                  X