Multi-Output PSUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Output PSUs

I saw a link posted on the forum a few days ago. This might be it: http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=48484

Basically, it's a kind of PSU where you can select the output (Volts/Amps). Unfortunately, the only ones I have seen are for DC. Are there any that can do both AC and DC output? Also need one with a handful of different-sized nibs for different consoles.

Right now, I'm after a SNES PSU which is AC. Since I may need PSUs in the future, I'm wondering if it's worth investing in something like this, although I don't want to spend silly money.

Any ideas welcome. Thank you, peeps.

All SNES units are DC anyway? As far as I know, alternating current is generally only used on the mains or for high current draw electrical equipment. What do you plan to use it on?

Comment

Yes, the PAL SNES appears to be the exception to the rule. I have a PAL SNES PSU here and it is AC/AC. I know that the US SNES and SFC both use DC...

I'm just thinking it might be useful to have one of these, because I am buying old consoles to mod. If I had one of these, it might make life a bit easier, should I get another console with a faulty PSU or no PSU supplied.

Comment

Wonder why it differs like that.

Anyway, I don't know... I've only ever seen multi-adaptors that do DC, as generally that's what everything uses. I think you'd prolly have to get a proper PAL SNES PSU, and purchase a DC adaptor for use with everything else. Not really the solution you're after, but I'd imagine the most hassle free (unless someone else can advise you otherwise).

Comment

Working...
        X