Rockman 9 Video Problem / forcing a Wii to 480p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockman 9 Video Problem / forcing a Wii to 480p

I posted about this in the first play thread but between all the people (understandably enough) talking about the game and the obscurity of the question it got a bit lost, and was wondering if anyone else might be able to help.

I've got one of the VDigi Wii VGA cables, and use it to connect a Japanese Wii to my monitor. When you originally connect the lead, you need to first plug in the console via a 'normal' video lead (i.e. composite) and set it to 480p before plugging in the VGA lead, as this is the only way it works. Up until now this has been fine, seeing as all JPN Wii games & VC titles run in 480p - only issue I've seen has been some GC games - couldn't say whether this was the majority or not, but on those that aren't in progressive scan, there's no video signal reaching the monitor.

This has become a bit more of an issue since Rockman 9 got released, as it would seem this is the first actual Wii title that runs in 480i rather than 480p. It's more than a little annoying finding this out after paying for it, and also knowing that it's being done for the 'retro feel'... yet if I were to buy Rockman 2 from the VC instead it would be quite happy in 480p.

Anyone having a similar problem, or thought of a way around? Unless there's an option in-game to change things I'm coming up blank.

From reading around the internets it looks like your stuck with 480i only on the Wii. I suppose trying the Z + A + 2 trick to force 480p might be worth a shot but it's unlikely to work.

Comment

Working...
    X