Finished 360 case mod. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished 360 case mod. :)

Think i'm going to jazz up my 360, bored of the standard colour.

Was searching Xbox scene and looking at their case mods, and think i'm going to go white.

Found this one, which i think looks really cool, i've tweaked the mesh in Photoshop to how i am going to have it. Also going to go for a clear fan shroud, to let the fan led's shine through.

Comments and suggestions?

Last edited by Pavey; 29-10-2008, 12:35.

Nick Pavey in white console shocker

I'd personally go for a nice vibrant colour with a glossy finish....something like the enamel blue ds lite.

Is the mesh panel a cooling thing or are you planning on doing a spot of bbq'ing with all the excess heat these things give off?

(if I was arty I'd adapt your pic with some bangers & rashers)
    Last edited by tom-nook; 29-09-2008, 19:47.

Comment

Can you buy clear cases?

Comment

Originally posted by mmcg View Post
        Can you buy clear cases?

Not sure how good it would look in the flesh though.

I quite like some of the case mods that just have a clear perspex window on the side (similar dimensions to the mesh plate in the above pic) with some 'subtle' LEDs to highlight the innards.

Comment

Comment

You can buy clear cases, not really my thing though. I have a small mesh window at the moment, right above the cpu heatsink (the tall one).

Quite like the idea of the full one though, which would give a green effect, thanks to the led's i have in the fans, plus combined with the clear fan shroud should look quite cool.

I like the big windows aswell Mark, but feel they would just hold in too much heat, unless i gave it a few small round holes here and there.

How about a light grey?

Comment

Comment

Did the window today. Made a real balls up of the horizontal cuts (that run parallel to the faceplate), so had to rush out and get a file and smooth it off.

Won't use a jigsaw next time!

Now to decide what colour.....
                Last edited by Pavey; 01-10-2008, 05:55.

Comment

put one of them cathode light tubes in it like in pc's ?

Comment

The mesh you've used looks a lot nicer than in the mock-up. What's it like in terms of dust getting in?

hmmm....not too sure about light grey. Where you thinking of a glossy or matte finish?

ps. I'm digging the bbq look!
                    Last edited by tom-nook; 30-09-2008, 20:14.

Comment

I think so, it's a real fine mesh, and the light hits it nicely.

The white one looks like chicken wire, mine is the stuff you use to repair car bodywork.

Was thinking of a matt grey, not sure really, i'm generally very indecisive.

Comment

What are those two LEDs above the USB slot?

Comment

The bottom one is ethernet link, the top is activity. If you look on your 360 you'll see the little indentations where they were intended to be.

Microsoft left the points on the motherboard, so it looks like a cost cutting exercise.

Comment

Right, it's stripped down now, and primered. Leaving it in the airing cupboard overnight, then onto the paint tomorrow.

Watch this space.

Comment

Finished the painting, just waiting for some parts to turn up (clear dvd drive case, blue led's, although i may stick with the green ones).

Those wires won't be visible either.

Last edited by Pavey; 27-10-2008, 17:09.

Comment

Working...
                              X