Imac question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imac question...

Looking at upgrading my old mac mini and been looking at a new imac..

Just looking for peoples experience of 24"

Fancy the 2.8Gb 24" 320Gb 2Gb Superdrive etc etc..

In a office desk environment does a 24" feel a bit big??

Or would I regret not having the extra inches if I went for a 20"!!

Oooh Errr missus!!

I would go for the bigger option always. Don't think you can ever have too much screen size wise.

Get a tape measure out, use your imagination, create a Blue Peter example and you'll have your answer

Comment

If your getting an iMac you NEED a 24" imo. Smaller iMacs have screens that are a different manufacturer and are worse quality. They suffer from very uneven light, meaning the top half of the screens are quite a bit darker then the bottom half.

Personally i found this really irritating when i bought an Alu iMac at launch so switched to the 24" model.

Comment

I've got a 20 inch , and have always regretted not going for the 24....

Thing is, now there is a credit crunch, there's no way my wife will let me upgrade

Take a look at the Apple refurb store for good deals on Macs... I think you can get the 3.06 top of the range as a refurb for less than the model you mention above..

The refurbs are flawless as well, and it's fairly common for them to have extra RAM, bigger HDDs etc than was advertised..
        Last edited by Garf; 10-10-2008, 22:51.

Comment

The 24 has the superior screen. It's noticeable that's for sure and while the larger model may seem big at first, your brain will quickly adjust to the point where 17 or 19 inch PC monitors will seem tiny.

Comment

Thank's for the replies..

Looks like it will be a 24" then..

There is a 3.06 on the refurb store today so may well go for that.

Regards,

Tim.

Comment

I've not got an iMac, but have been using a few at work recently. I'd go for the 24"

Comment

Working...
              X