N64 controller pak compatibilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N64 controller pak compatibilty

Can anyone confirm that controller pak saves on N64 are multi-region?

This is a bit confusing, but I'm playing PAL carts on my Jap N64 by using a converter cartridge. I'm then attempting to save using a (PAL) controller pak, but after I tried load a save file I'd successfully made a few days earlier on Forsaken, I was today told the pak was corrupted and the save file had to be erased for it to work again.

Is it my 3rd-party pak that's screwed (which is a possibility - it's getting on a bit now), or is it because I'm trying to use it on a Jap machine?

I'll try a few other games too and see if I get the same problem...

Cheers

I'm 99.9% positive they're region free. They're just a CR2032(or 25 maybe.. not sure) battery. Which means it probably is screwed, as it probably used a cheap battery.

Comment

They are region free i used to have usa & japanese saves happily sitting on my controller pak. Its more likely its because your using a 3rd party pak or the contacts on the pak or joypad are dirty.

Comment

Thanks guys

I managed to find a Jap official pak and that seems to be working just fine now, so can confirm again mixed regions are fine Must have been my (very) old 3rd party pak

Comment

When it comes to Nintendo, just buy official almost all the time, it makes sense
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
          X