Recommend me a tv? For 360 gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a tv? For 360 gaming

Sometime in the next two weeks I want to get a TV, for watching telly, 360 gaming, and retro (though I'm not bothered about the visual quality for retro provided it's usable).

So, basically, I want the best TV ?300 can buy in terms of 360 performance, as that's going to be its primary function. Online ordering is a plus, as I don't currently drive. Sound quality isn't of massive importance provided it's clear, as in a month or so I plan to buy some 5.1 headphones anyway.

Also, if I could order it from a place where I can also order a 360 premium in a good bundle, that'd be a plus too, though this isn't necessary.

What do people recommend?

Richer sounds seem to have some pretty good deals at the moment. I;m tempted by that 26" Phillips.

Comment

They all look good, but they apparently can only be bought in-store - I really need an online purchase.

Comment

looks like this one, the LE32A457. It's a 32" Samsung for about 360 quid delivered from Dixons, unless anyone has anything bad to say about this family of tellies.

Comment

Hi all, turns out my budget may have to shrink to £280. What can people recommend for that price?

Comment

saving a bit longer and buying a Panasonic Plasma.

Comment

What he said (even though it's not very helpful considering your budget).

Does it need VGA for the 360? Or will you be using HDMI or Component? Is 32" your ideal?

Comment

I personally wouldn't get a plasma, burn in isn't great for gaming and they fade faster than LCDs.

You can get surprisingly good DLP TVs cheap. Very large sizes and they're pretty sharp.

Only 2 disadvantages : the bulbs can go and are about 50% of the TV's price to replace (depending on the model), they're expected to last 2-3 years (4 hours a day viewing). Other disadvantage is rainbowing. Basically go into a comet or large currys to find a DLP, run your eyes from left to right. If the rainbowing is bad you see a flash of random colours when moving your vision across like that. Not everyone can spot it and it's improved a lot but once you notice it, it can be as bad as a dead pixel in the middle of the screen.

Comment

I got this in the end:

I got for £350 though as it has gone up in price this week. Also, I got it with the super saver delivery, which was free, but it's coming tomorrow it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                  X