Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what does a system volume battery do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what does a system volume battery do?

Because my computer was giving me a warning for a while about the voltage being low in it. I approached it like I do most problems - ignoring it, hoping it would go away. But today it seems something is not quite right in my computer.

For a start, it thinks it's April 2003. It also tells me I have installed new programmes and lists every single one of them as new. And there's a weird cache thing going on with the internet - somehow, it seems to be pulling up old versions of sites and posts.

So anyone know what I should do with a system volume battery? Don't suppose it's a AA because I have loads of those around the house...

Bios battery?

Comment

More than likely. Buy a new battery for the motherboard (CR2032), and then redo your bios settings as they will have been reset to their defaults.

Comment

Cheers. Is the best way for me to figure out replacing the battery just to take it out and have a look at it?

Comment

The battery is a doddle to replace, it just fits into a battery holder. CR2032 is the battery type you need (one of those flat round ones).

Comment

Great, thanks for the info!

Comment

They look like this on your motherboard m8

You just slip it out and put a new one in.

Comment

Working...
              X