PSP FW help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP FW help

Just been given a PSP, it's running 3.10 OE-A FW. I'd like to get it running the latest 5.0 (either CFW or official), so that I can link it with my PS3 for Remote Play. I can't seem to get it to update to a newer FW. I have put an EBOOT into the UPDATE folder, but the PSP doesn't see it.

I'd really appreciate if anybody can help me out.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

You need to update the firmware bit by bit I believe, have a search here, sure there have been a couple of threads on the subject in the last six months.

Comment

That's right. I updated from 3.02 last week. Used this site for the step by step side of things and FW DL's.

I went from 3.02 to 3.51 (?) to 4.01 to 5.00.

Comment

Like he said, something was changed in one of the later updates to fix a bug, but it prevents you upgrading beyond that version on previous versions. That site reckons it's 4.01 M33-2 that you'll need to go to (from memory I thought it was 3.52 M33-2, but I assume that guy did the research), and from there you can go straight to 3.50 M33.

Alternatively, if you have access to a Pandora setup you can go straight to the most recent version supported by that, which I think is 4.01 M33. You can then install 5.00 straight from there.

Comment

You can also use Hellcats Recovery app to upgrade straight to 5.00 M33 - http://www.qj.net/tags/Hellcat/14408 (doesn't need pandora)

Pete
          Last edited by mmmonkey; 01-11-2008, 18:32.

Comment

Working...
          X