Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing Up Save And Dlc Files From Xbox 360

Hi

Im wondering is it pos to back up your xbox 360 save files and download contant from a 360 to a PC ?
    or if you can back up save and dlc files from a xbox 360 to a memory card ?

i see that there are official memory cards for sale so i take it i can back up files to one of these from
    my 360s harddrive but are these the best option or are there alternatives like USB drives or external HDs?

My main problem is originally i bought a 360 Elite in the states and started playing it there offline and i created
    a offline profile named trev1976 and played burnout paradise for a while anyway i managed to get some achievements
    there but when i got back i reinstalled my gamertag to this 360 which is trev1976 but it wiped some of my achievements
    off which seem impossible to get back.

Also when i look in my memory blade on 360 i now have 2 saves for this game and sometimes my newly downloaded bike pack contant
    says its corrupted and i cant load the game ? (which im sure those 2 saves are conflicting and cuasing the problem)

So i was thinking of backing up the 2 saves to an external source then deleting them form my 360 HD playing the game from scratch until i
    get the 3 original achievements i need
    (presuming when you wipe a save off it dosnt get rid of all your achievements you already obtained?)
    then deleting the new save , reinstalling just my online save file and then with a bit of luck everything will be sorted ?

Please help me as ive put in over 128hrs into this game and i havnt got
    the D,C and B licence achievements and its really bugging me now and keeping me up at night thinking about it :P

Thanks
    Trev

Hi Trev,

A 360 memory card is the easiest way to copy saves & dlc.....although capacity is limited to between 64-512mb. A couple of early games couldn't be copied iirc but from experience Paradise works fine.

You can't use a usb stick or external hdd to copy saves / dlc unfortunately. I think the only thing they can be used for is stuff like mp3's and pictures etc.

The 360 memory card can't be plugged directly into a pc. However, Datel used to make a transfer lead that would let you copy stuff from a 360 memory card to a pc (the software is woeful though).

The only other alternative I know of is the Datel Xsata. It gets inserted between the 360 hdd & the 360 itself and via a cable you can transfer stuff directly to a pc. From what I've heard avigating the 360 hdd file structure (just a series of numbers rather than file names) can be a bit of a nightmare.

Both of these adapters are pretty hard to find nowadays, but for what you have planned pc connectivity is probably not an issue.

Deleting save files will not result in you lose any of the achievements already earned

Mark
    Last edited by tom-nook; 05-11-2008, 18:41.

Comment

ok thanks , i think ill pick some memory cards up , save my files to them then delete my saves from my HD try to get the achievements i need then load my old save file back on , fingers crossed it works

Thanks mark

Comment

The Datel XPort lets you pull all that stuff directly off the HDD, and supports memory cards. It's a USB adaptor with HDD dock and memory card port.

Although the HDD layout isn't clear, I've used one to copy all content from a 20GB drive to a 120GB drive.

Comment

Working...
        X