Comic book creation software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comic book creation software?

I'm working on a very special project at the moment and have been toying with the idea of doing the comic sections digitally. To that end, I'm looking for any recommendations on software that is good for comic book creation.

Google hasn't yielded much that is particularly useful, so if any of you lot have any advice on this matter, then please respond.

I would like to know what they use for colouring in a picture thats been scanned in that fits around the black so well, I tried this some time ago with an art programme and it wasnt so easy.

Comment

You can give ComicStudio a try. It used to be distributed by e-frontier outside japan as manga studio, not sure if they changed the name because e-frontier was bought by another company last year.

Just found the link for manga studio, now distributed by mysmithmicro, you can get a demo version of the EX version on the pages. Just click on the green "download demo" button on the right and enter some details.
      http://my.smithmicro.com/win/mangaex/index.html (win)
      http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/mangaex/index.html (mac)
      Last edited by Cornflakes; 06-11-2008, 11:11. Reason: added demo link

Comment

Originally posted by angelx View Post
        I would like to know what they use for colouring in a picture thats been scanned in that fits around the black so well, I tried this some time ago with an art programme and it wasnt so easy.
        Good use of layers and masks in things like photoshop. If you create a layer for each section you want coloured and you can scribble to your hearts content without worrying about keeping it in the line. There are tutorials floating around that will tell you how to do this.

Comment

TY, I wonder if there is an application which comic book artists use that make this simpler to use

Comment

Working...
          X