Best Nintendo Wiimote charging dock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Nintendo Wiimote charging dock?

I am sick of having batteries go dead in the wiimote having left them in there for a week so I am looking at buying a charging stand. Problem is that I hate third party items, so need one with a back as close to the Nintendo one as possible. A sleek look would also be appreciated!!

Anyone here use one that they can recommend?

I would recommend you use standard rechargeable batteries if at all possible. Charging stands can kill Wii remotes dead. I know most people use them happily, but I just don't think the convenience is worth the risk, given how expensive they are.

There are no compatibility issues with rechargeables, unlike the 360 controller, which tends to turn off before it's depleted.

Comment

I currently have rechargables but theyre a pain sometimes as they lose their charge.

Anyone tried the Nyko stand? They are known for their quality, aren't they?

Comment

Id actually second the post recommending getting better rechargeable batteries

As you may be aware, most rechargeables batteries lose there charge over time even when not used.

...But theres a relatively new type called 'Low Self Discharge' which retain much of their charge over long periods of time. The first batteries to use this technology (and widely considered to be the best) are Sanyo Eneloop batteries, but you can also find Uniross Hybrio batteries that use it too. You can read more about them here:-

Id recommend getting a set of those, you dont even need a special type of charger - any charger used for NiMh batteries will do

I have heard too many stories of Wiimotes dying due to charging stations that I wouldnt want to risk using one - plus the fact that most of the charging stations use normal cheapo rechargeable batteries inside their battery packs anyway, so they probably wont last much longer than your current ones.

If you are still set on getting a charging dock though sorry that this post wont of helped
        Last edited by Link83; 05-11-2008, 23:34.

Comment

Working...
        X