Official PS3 headset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official PS3 headset

Is this going to be sold separately? I have only seen it boxed with Socom in the shops...

It seems now is the time to invest in some voice communication with me doing more online gaming than ever before (LBP, Warhawk, Wipeout HD) and I fancy the official Sony headset due to the firmware/OS integrated features.

Maybe worth picking it up with Socom as the pack is about 6000 yen and I imagine the headset wouldn't be much cheaper than that, but I really hate buying games I have no intention of playing :/

Yeah, they usually sell stuff like this in a bundle first of all to shift games before selling it on it's own. The headset on it's own is being released in the US on Thursday but I thought it was already out in Japan?

I think it's out on the 28th with SOCOM over here but you can also get it bundled with Endwar which I believe is this week?

Comment

?17.99 at Play

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Comment

Dammit, I didn't realise it was out already and at a reasonable price (Apparently it's $50 in the US?). Time to cancel my SOCOM pre-order for a second time!

EDIT: Oh, due for release on the 28th.
        Last edited by Number45; 06-11-2008, 10:18.

Comment

I got one after all - for some reason they are keeping them behind the counter in the big stores - nothing on display on the shelves at all. It's a bit confusing to use at first, the LED indicators are just weird (mute button flashes red sporadically when connected by USB, I assume this means it's charging, but the manual doesn't say that). The PS3 didn't recognise it at all until it had been plugged in for a while, but after that the pairing and everything was automatic.

Used it in Warhawk, but the only people speaking were Chinese and I'm so used to playing without one that I kind of forgot to say anything. When I went to LBP the servers were down.

Very easy to use, the on screen display pops up whenever you adjust volume or mute it etc.

Comment

Have to say, this headset is a real improvement over the Warhawk bundled one, far more clearer and intuitive thanks to the HQ mode, pairing is automatic and never hit and miss like many existing headsets, good size to it and fits pretty comfortably when you get it sorted.

Very much worth the £16 odd I paid for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
              Very much worth the ?16 odd I paid for mine.
              Where did you get it from for that price?

Comment

I bought it off a seller in the trade forums. Brand new, was part of the Socom package so wasn't retail boxed but didn't really care.

Comment

+1 the new headset rocks and it can be used as a remote mic also.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                    I bought it off a seller in the trade forums. Brand new, was part of the Socom package so wasn't retail boxed but didn't really care.
                    Odd, I'd have imagine most people buying the bundle for the headset and selling SOCOM not the other way around.

Oh well, I still have my GAME pre-order in for ?29.99. Would have preferred to get the headset earlier for LBP sessions, but I can wait. Hopefully SOCOM will have some value on eBay.

Comment

Is it only Socom, Resistance 2 and LBP that support the HQ mode so far?

Sucks a little that support has to be added on a per game basis but it seems par for the course with the PS3. hopefully all these PS3 added features (Trophies, HQ headset, Youtube recording etc.) will be standard features whenever the PS4 hits.

Comment

Working...
                      X