Connect360 query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect360 query

I have bought Connect360 for my Mac and overall i'm happy with it, but I have a couple of questions to anyone who also uses it.

I don't seem to be able to stream movies that I have bought from itunes. they show up, but when I click play it simply says 'unable to playback'. Now the first time I tried it said I needed a media update which it downloaded and installed, but they still won't play. They seem to be encloded in h.264 MPEG 4.

Also I'm going to asume Album art simply doesn't work as I don't seem to get any?

Any help or thoughts would be appeciated.

You won't be able to play downloaded videos from iTunes because they have copy protection. Same goes for downloaded music (apart from iTunes Plus). Pretty much the only stuff that can play DRMed stuff from iTunes is computers with iTunes, iPods/iPhones, and Apple TVs.

As for the album art, I do know that some programs for streaming music will only work if the artwork is actually embedded in the file. I don't know if the same thing goes for Connect360 because I've never really paid attention to whether it supports album art, but the artwork is stored differently depending on whether you got the art by downloading it from iTunes with the 'Get Album Artwork' button or if you added it manually from an image file.

Comment

Thanks for that. Kind of wish I had asked the question before purchasing, since 90% of my collection is bought from itunes connect360 is essentially a wasted purchase.

Comment

Yeah, it's a pain.

There are rumours that more labels will be supporting iTunes Plus soon - it's currently only EMI and independent labels - and when iTunes Plus launched there was an option to upgrade your purchased music that had a DRM-free equivalent, so we'll see.

Comment

Try a demo of Rivet. Its similat to Connect360 but I much prefer it.
          Still wont play itunes stuff though.
          Cheers,
          Rob.

Comment

Working...
          X