Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Hard Drive for PS3

I am going to buy one on Friday.

320 GB Western Digital WD3200BEVT Scorpio Blue, 2.5", SATA 300, 5400 rpm, 8MB Cache, 12 ms

And

do I need to remember the log in code and so on for PSN Network.

I got 8gb stick so what should I back up. could I copy 7 gb on a stick then copy it to PC and then copy it back to PS3 ?

Is 320gb enough ?

Yes you do need to remember the login.

320g will be plenty I reckon!

Make sure you have the latest version of PS3 XMB installed.

Comment

Another question. Do I need to worry about trophies ?

Comment

no, they will be tied to your psn account

Comment

id like to upgrade also, is this a good value hd? the one you linked?
          do i need to copy game save data only? i dont had a external hard drive but i do have lotsof 2 g usm mem sticks to copy data over.

one ive copied the save data will it simply be take out old hard drive, install new one. re eneter my psn account details log in, copy of save files? and re download any psn store games?

Comment

pretty much, yes

2GB might not be enough for your backup though, unless you delete all your downloaded psn stuff first I guess.

Comment

I didn thave to reinput my PSN login, i bought a 4gig usb stick (as 4gig is max for fat32 system and thats what the ps3 recognises, i wasnt sure if i could get away with more) then removed all my game data such as the 6gig MGS4 makes, and left myself with downloaded games such as tekken, and all my saves, and then backed up that, worked no problem, all i had todo was put the discs back in to have them install the game data, and goto download list on store to grab the updates or stuff ive already paid for, no problem

Comment

4GB is the max windows will let you format FAT32 partitions to, its not the limit though, remember that all these 160GB ipods and 250GB external USB drives can all be FAT32 on a single partition. You just need to download a seperate application online to be able to format to over 4GB, I guess its windows way of forcing you to choose NTFS. ugh

Comment

That disc is cheaper @ play.com ?49.99

Comment

Don't worry I already got it shipped from play.com

Comment

You can get the black version (7200rpm) via amazon for about the same.

Comment

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/351659...e/Product.html this the one? ill order tomorrow if so,

i have about 10 2g usm mem sticks so im sure ill be able to back up my save files on there,

what about the psn account details will they just remain in the internal memory, so i can download straight away once i put in the new hard drive? thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                          http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/351659...e/Product.html this the one? ill order tomorrow if so,

i have about 10 2g usm mem sticks so im sure ill be able to back up my save files on there,

what about the psn account details will they just remain in the internal memory, so i can download straight away once i put in the new hard drive? thanks all
                          Not sure who youre asking fella? But this is the one i was talking about http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digi...7485211&sr=8-1 But its gone up by ?10.
                          The Blue drives are 5300 rpm and the Black ones are 7200 rpm. I was worried that the black drive would get a bit hot in my aspire one but it runs at the same temps as the Hitachi drive that came in it.

Yup your account details stay in the consoles memory.
                          Hope that helps.

Comment

I am having trouble removing the screws off the cage caddy. I got one off ok but not other three. Any tips.

Comment

They're notoriously difficult to get out. Just try really hard lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X