Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a ps3 2nd hand - will the warranty be intact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a ps3 2nd hand - will the warranty be intact?

Hi,

I've got a ps3 on hold for me. The seller says it hasn't been registered with sony. Does anyone know if this means I'll still be able to register it myself and make use of the warranty?

Otherwise, I'll have to stop being a stingy git and just pay the extra for a brand new model.

Oh, and how long is the standard warranty on a ps3?

The reason I'm making such a fuss is that I'm going to be giving the console to my brother, and he's not the most reliable with these things.

Comment

Buy it, register it and then buy "Continuous Play" from Sony for £5 a month? That means if your PS3 dies they bring a new (reconditioned) PS3 round and take the old one away. This usually takes 48 hours from the time you report the fault. Might be an option, depending on how much you're saving.

I've bought Continuous Play, just because the whole family uses the PS3 for games, movies and TV (PlayTV) that I felt it was worth it.

Comment

Alternatively, you could wait for your PS3 to break down - give it a week or 3 and then sign up for continuous play, saving yourself a few quid over the previous months.

There's nowt in the T & Cs to suggest that such a practise is excluded, but it's certainly a dubious one.

Comment

Haven't you heard of contents insurance? "Bloody Hell, I dropped my PS3 while taking it upstairs."

Comment

I didn't know about the "continuous play" option. That will be handy.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X