New Pal Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pal Dreamcast

Was hoping that someone might point me in the direction of somewhere that still sells Dreamcasts new (or relatively new).

Reason I ask is that I've started re-buying games that I sold last year and I fear my current DC may not last the pace.

Cheers in advance for any help.

i heard amazon were still selling new dcs. If all else fails, most dcs seem to be in good condition on ebay.

Comment

I bought a PAL Dreamcast off the forums for about ?15 about a month ago, since I also feared my Jap one wouldn't last.

I was right.

But swapping out the PSU and (tonight) the gd-rom laser was easy enough, and it was in perfect nick, so I now have a top condition Jap dreamcast in full working order. And all the operations were very easy to do.

So just go and buy a cheapo second hand one down Gamestation or somewhere, jobs a good un.

Comment

Cheers guys. I'll have a gander on Amazon first.

Comment

Dont bother dude, they are ?79.99!!!

Comment

I've just seen. That's a bit over the top ain't it.

Will probably look at getting a used one of ebay or even one of the used one's from there.

Comment

Paul, I don't know where you live... but there is a chain of shops in Berkshire/Bucks. which sell 2nd hand DCs (boxed with leads and controller) for ?25. I've bought a couple of them from there and they've both been mint with some internal packaging and all the bits you get with a new one.

And I've realised this is the third time I have mentioned them on these here boards.... I don't work for them!!!

Comment

Last time I was in HMV in Oxford St they still had some. This was a couple of months back, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                  Last time I was in HMV in Oxford St they still had some. This was a couple of months back, mind.
                  Pretty sure they've gone now, if you mean the large HMV. They dumped all their DC stock in their last sale.

The smaller HMV opposite Bond Street tube may have some DCs, they still have a handful of games.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
                    Paul, I don't know where you live... but there is a chain of shops in Berkshire/Bucks. which sell 2nd hand DCs (boxed with leads and controller) for ?25. I've bought a couple of them from there and they've both been mint with some internal packaging and all the bits you get with a new one.
                    Really? I'm in that area, and the only place I know with any DC stuff is Gamestation. Care to point me in the right direction?

Comment

Hi

When I was in the HMV at the Trocadero in London they had new Dreamcasts for ?39.99 but this was at the start of June.

// Kamaya

Comment

Cheers for all the replies. Unfortunately I'm in Leeds (yes, it's grim up north!) at the moment so I can't get to any of the places in London or surrounding areas.

Comment

Originally posted by paul
                          Cheers for all the replies. Unfortunately I'm in Leeds (yes, it's grim up north!) at the moment so I can't get to any of the places in London or surrounding areas.
                          i'm in wakefield and the lovely cash converters near me has about 10 or so dcs for ?25 each (with leads etc.)

might be worth having a look.

Comment

Working...
                          X