Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few PS3 questions

Hi Guys,

Managed to get a new PS3 as part of a contract upgrade, so am getting it through today, the thing is its a version of a PS3 ive never seen, it supposedly has a 160gb HDD, and 4 free PSN games to download. But was wondering, is this an 80gb model, upgraded? it also comes with a DS3 pad.

So my questions are,

Is this version backwards compatible.
    and
    what games should i get, the stipulations are, it cant be a 360 game (as i will always go for 360 over ps3) and ideally trophy compatible, as im a sucker for score things (yeah im somewhat of a gamerscore whore to quote ezee!)

and finally

is there anything is should be looking to download from the PSN that is must have, can i get JAP accounts etc....

All help is appreciated, i have had a ps3 before, but that was at launch, and i didnt care for it, but feel it deserves a 2nd chance now!

Thanks

Aaron

Is this version backwards compatible.
    Only the original 60gb model is backwards compatible - so no.

What games should i get, the stipulations are, it cant be a 360 game
    I wouldn't bother getting any 360 games for it anyway mate - it's a completely different system and won't work with the PS3 at all!

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
    Uncharted
    Motorstorm (1 or 2 - they're both great fun)
    LittleBigPlanet

Downloads:
    WipeoutHD
    Super StardustHD
    Echochrome

Enjoy!

Comment

Depends what type of games you like but here's mylist:

Metal gear Solid 4
      Socom : Controntation
      WipeoutHD
      Uncharted
      RFOM, probably R2 as well but I've only played the beta
      and of course Little Big Planet

LBP or MGS4 are my Game of the Year.

Comment

I wouldn't bother getting any 360 games for it anyway mate - it's a completely different system and won't work with the PS3 at all!
        Quality post, thanks for clearing the backwards compatibilty, wasnt too sure, probably wouldnt use it anyway!! lol.

Aaron

LBP and MGS will be a must buy 2moro.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post
          Managed to get a new PS3 as part of a contract upgrade, so am getting it through today, the thing is its a version of a PS3 ive never seen, it supposedly has a 160gb HDD, and 4 free PSN games to download. But was wondering, is this an 80gb model, upgraded? it also comes with a DS3 pad.
          I think it's a new model that is either out (but in very short supply) or due out shortly.

I was looking to buy a PS3 at the beginning of the week and spotted one listed on Gameplay (was showing available in 14 days but has now disappeared). From memory the product details said that it wasn't compatible with PS2 games.

Got my PS3 yesterday - LittleBigPlanet is sublime & Wipeout HD is well worth a download (£14). I'm not really warming to MotorStorm 2 yet but wasn't a fan of the 1st one either (was bought for my son anyhow & he loves it....so horses for courses I guess!).
          Last edited by tom-nook; 27-11-2008, 08:51.

Comment

Just because nobody else said it, I'll say it three times - Warhawk, Warhawk, Warhawk.

Most under-appreciated game on the system. Everyone loves it but nobody gives it much time for some odd reason! (and it's a PSN game)

Comment

I'll echo the above game suggestions and also throw in the (imo) excellent Folklore (it's fairly old now and should be found for a fair bit less than £20 so no excuses) - one of the best stories I've experienced this gen!

Comment

warhawk has always interested me, how much is it via PSN? plus will a mobile phone blutooth headset work with the PS3.

Thanks

Comment

If you enjoyed Ridge Racer on the PSP or 360, it's well worth tracking down Ridge Racer 7. While it's basically a souped-up Ridge Racer 6, it's by far the best execution of 'new-style' Ridge Racer, and is up there with Outrun 2006. It'll be cheap-as-chips now too.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post
                    warhawk has always interested me, how much is it via PSN? plus will a mobile phone blutooth headset work with the PS3.

Thanks
                    I think it's currently £14.99 on PSN, you'd probably want the 3 map addon pack too those which is another £8 ontop - most mobile phone headsets will work with the console (although you may experience the odd few problems with synching it and it probably won't provide you a brilliant communication experience if you do manage it).

It's very much worth shelling out a few quid for Sony's official PS3 one.

Comment

well, just set this all up and logged onto the PSN with my email address etc... and was glad to see i could redownload everything i downloaded nearly 18 months ago again!! had 15 games to be downloaded, win!!

have seen uncharted for £12 from cex, is it worth a punt?

Comment

Definitely get Uncharted, great game to show off the PS3's power and it is just a great game in general anyway.

Others I would recommend are MGS4 (but only if you have played the other 3), LBP, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Ratchet & Clank, Folklore, Wipeout HD and Resistance 2.

Comment

is there anyway to retrieve info on other PSN accounts? i had a jap one when i last had a ps3, and vaguely remember what email address i used. is there a generic list of PSN accounts out there? or any suggestions? Seems a tall order, might just be a case of trial and error.

cheers

aaron

Comment

There's a forgotten password option when you login, which should send a mail to that address. If you don't have the address, then you can phone the UK PSN hotline (Do it from a phone someone else pays for. ) and speak to them - I did this a couple of months ago and they were really helpful.

Comment

well if nothing im not predictable!! managed to get the logins for my other PSN accounts first time. ive now got access to all 3 stores again, and have been able to download everything from all 3 that i downloaded all that time ago!!

Absolute quality

aaron

EDIT.... can someone tell me what store Tekken DR was released on first, i remember buying it, but it is showing up on all 3 that i didnt. weird. or has there been a new version, making my one redundant.
                              thanks
                              Last edited by AaronBekir; 27-11-2008, 21:09.

Comment

Working...
                              X