Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a stick for the 360 please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a stick for the 360 please :)

To save me (and anyone for that matter!) searching through loads of SF2, SC2, VF5 etc... threads... can anyone recommend a decent stick for the aforementioned games, for the 360 please? (in particular SF2...)

I am considering the Hori Fighting Stick EX2. Seems a lot of wedge (about ?60?) for something I might not ultimately get a lot of use out, but if it's the best there is, then so be it!

What other options are about?

Cheers,
    Chris

£60 for a Hori EX2 seems a bit steep. I paid about £35 for mine from Amazon. Not sure if they still stock it though.

If you want the best then the Hori Real Arcade Pro EX is probably what you're after. Unfortunately it's expensive and (I've found) difficult to track one down.
    Last edited by BearBoy; 05-12-2008, 20:21.

Comment

Hori ex2 is 39.13£ on amazon.

It's okay, I switched out the ball top for a sanwa and will eventually replace the stick with a JLF.

Comment

Aye, £40 on Amazon, but it says delivery in 1 to 3 MONTHS

Comment

It'll arrive quicker than any of the Cave ports.

You should be able to pickup a second hand one for 30-35£

Comment

I've been looking mate, but I can't find any around that price I think I'm looking in the wrong places.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the EX2 is identical to the VF5 and DOA4 sticks before it, you could try looking for those, too. I had the DOA4 stick and it was great but I sold it in the Summer to a mate for £30 (now of course I'm wishing I hadn't, but ah well).

That's basically it, I think. Other than the RAP EX that Bearboy mentioned, which you'll probably pay through the nose for.

Or maybe spy the forums for modded sticks.

I'm probably gonna mod a stick, maybe my DC stick although I don't like the DC stick and there's no way in hell I'm gonna go through another Sanwa-modding fiasco. Playing with the pad is frustrating me too much. It also makes the victories that much sweeter having used the pad, but still. I get stressed very easily playing SF online, so it's for my health

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                Aye, ?40 on Amazon, but it says delivery in 1 to 3 MONTHS
                Don't be discouraged. I had my eye on that stick for a while and it switched to the 1-3 month wait just after SSF2HDR came out. I ordered one anyway and it arrived within a few days so it's worth trying.

Comment

Looking to get an EX2, but wanted to know if there is an adapter that lets you use the 360 controller on a Wii/GC or vise-versa? As I want to get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (along with a wii arcade stick), but can only afford a single arcade stick at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                    I've been looking mate, but I can't find any around that price I think I'm looking in the wrong places.
                    Do you have any friends who live in the USA? I have just won an auction for one on ebay.com, have put a friends postal address as it was free postage inside the States, hopefully he'll bring it home for me at Christmas. Fingers crossed it's totally legit, but there does seem to be alot more for sale that side of the Atlantic.

Comment

Is that Hori stick listed on Amazon wireless? Would it be a good choice for playing traditional shooters on the 360?

Comment

For those in the know, what would you rekon to this?

"A Hori EX2 with the garbage stock hori buttons replaced with red sanwas and the joystick ball has been replaced with a red sanwa top too match.

The old PCB died so It's got one from a wired 3rd party pad, which means the Guide button no longer illuminates and the LT/RT buttons don't work."

To me it sounds decent, but I'm no authority on this type of thing. I understand than Sanwa parts are meant to be very good, but past that I'm clueless.

Are Sanwa buttons more 'dented' like arcade buttons? Also what advantage would a Sanwa stick top give me over the hori one?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          Is that Hori stick listed on Amazon wireless? Would it be a good choice for playing traditional shooters on the 360?
                          It's wired but it has a nice long cord. I haven't had any problems playing Ikaruga with it (i.e. I'm dying just about as often as I do with a pad). There's a very cheap mod that allows you to fit an 8-way restrictor plate if you desire, which apparently makes circular motions slightly easier.

Comment

Listening to Major Nelson's podcast, he was talking to someone about Street Fighter II and IV, they mentioned this, and it looks the business!

Comment

Good find! Seems there are special pads on the way too...

Wonder what the deal is with the Tournament Edition stick?

Twice the price!
                              Last edited by ChrisF; 08-12-2008, 20:49.

Comment

Working...
                              X