PS3 Audio Codec Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Audio Codec Support

My dad passed me a vido file and asked if it would play on the PS3.

I found that it played back the video without any issue but without sound. I looked up the Information on the file and it said the audio codec was AAC 166 kbps. Is this something that the PS3 doesn't support?

I can't offer help, but I can say the PS3 supports AAC. It might not support it in that specific video container, however.

Comment

Yeah, I went through some other videos (downloaded from PSN) that are on the HDD and they all seemed to be AAC so was a little surprised when it didn't play back on this one file. However, the majority were AAC 128 kbps but I'm not sure if the kbps rate is important.

I went into the Audio settings menu and you can set the output when ripping CDs to AAC at various bitrates but 166kbps wasn't a choice which is what made me suspect lack of support but I'm not sure if that number is important or whether AAC support should be catch all.

Comment

AAC Low Complexity only I think.

Comment

Try turning off the AAC support in the sound settings menu (if your using optical), then play the file. Some of my vids with AAC dont work with it enabled, but turn it off and, sound!!
          Weird.

Comment

Working...
          X