Downlaoding You Tube/Daily Motion files to Hard Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downlaoding You Tube/Daily Motion files to Hard Drive

How can you save these to your hard drive as media files like quicktime or windows media?

If you use FireFox ? Then install the add-on called, Downloadhelper. You can save any sites flv videos. There's even an option in the preferences to convert them to mp4, wmv, avi etc...

Home page.

Direct link to the add-on.
    Download Video DownloadHelper for Firefox. Download videos from the web. Easy, smart, no tracking.

Hope this helps..!

Comment

Downloads and saves .avi's to your hard drive direct from Youtube, it can also save them as .mp4 etc if you wish.

Excellent simple quick free service, paste in the URL and away you go.

Comment

download helper is pretty good, works well on all pages with embedded vids. seems to ask to be updated every other day though which is irritating

Comment

Thanks for tips

I came across something called Keep Vid http://keepvid.com/ which converts the files online to either flv or mp4 and also Applian Replay Convertor which changes any files to the desired type although this isn't free but is very easy to use as I've tested the trial version. Might give the firefox thing a go and see what it's like.

Comment

Seems to be a problem with that download Firefox thing my WMA files are not navigable in that I can't fast forward or rewind them merely play through them in one sitting ( I wonder if it's because it's the unregistered version?)

Comment

Working...
            X