Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 Trial. Urgent help please

Hello guys,

My sister has got an important job interview on Wednesday which she needs to do a Powerpoint presentation for. She got her friend to help start her off and saved her progress to memory stick, but when she's come home to finish it off, it appears our laptop only came with a 90 day trial of MS Office which has now expired, so we can open what she's done so far but she can't finish it off. I've got OpenOffice but that won't read or recognise the Powerpoint 2007 file.

I tried to convert online to the full version of MS Office but I keep getting an error message from MS telling me to visit a MS store and buy it. I've literally just got in from my Tesco 24hr, but they don't sell the software. Is there any way to trick it into giving me another 90 day trial? Or is it a case of a trip into town tomorrow and pay ?100ish to buy the full version of MS Office?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Do you have an older version of Office like Office 2003 perhaps? You can download an official 2007 to 97-2003 converter from Microsoft which will give you access to it again for editing etc.

Comment

Could try this: http://www.zamzar.com/

Comment

Seems like the latest version of Open Office should be able to read those.

Worst case scenario - email them to me (PM me for email) and I'll get them back to you in a Powerpoint 2003/97/whatever format. I'm not going to be at a computer all day, so either message me in the next half hour or I might not be able to get them back to you before this evening. Like I said - worst case scenario, but it's there if you need it.

Comment

Actually, just a thought - maybe 280 Slides can read it?

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Problem solved, my mates Dad has saved the day and lent me a disc.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X