Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last Dreamcast from Sega?

This has been bugging me since 2002.

And here's something special; the last one that ship, there will be a very special last Dreamcast and I would love to know who's getting that one. That will ship before Christmas and there's going to be a momentous occasion when the last batch of Dreamcasts ship.

IGNDC: Well give us a hint, Charlie... is it going to be a golden Dreamcast? Will it have like $1000 bucks hidden inside it or something?

CB: I'll just say that last Dreamcast from Sega is worth way more than gold. (smiles)

Does anyone know what this meant? Or was it another broken Sega promise?

He could be talking about this one, which is apparently the last one produced.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
      He could be talking about this one,
      My eyes are bleeding! That's hideous.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
        My eyes are bleeding! That's hideous.
        It is, looks like Sega let someone loose on it with a tin of gold spray paint and a black marker. Still it'd be interesting to see how much it's worth

Comment

CB: I'll just say that last Dreamcast from Sega is worth way more than gold. (smiles)
          If it is actually gold how can it be worth way more than gold.. surely it is worth the same as (or very slightly more than) gold

I guess the conversation wouldn't be quite as interesting if it had been like this..

IGNDC: Well give us a hint, Charlie... is it going to be a golden Dreamcast?
          CB: Yes

Comment

Originally posted by r3z View Post
            IGNDC: Well give us a hint, Charlie... is it going to be a golden Dreamcast?
            CB: Yes
            Lol, that would of been a great interview. To me at least, he seems to hint at thats what it was going to be anyway.

Still you'd of thought they would of put a bit more effort into it seeing as it was the last ever Dreamcast produced, they should of made it out of a Chaos Emerald.

Comment

A bit off-topic, but reading through that interview...

IGNDC: Why Shenmue 2 and PSO? Not to say those titles won't succeed on the Xbox, but obviously there's a huge fan base for the Shenmue series on the Dreamcast.

CB: Firstly, there's a synergy between Xbox owners this time next year and also the Shenmue 2 followers; we believe there's synergy there
              That's the biggest load of crap I've ever read in an interview! Xbox was never the natural next-step for people who loved wandering around Japanese suburbs. It was a the next step for Peter Moore though.

Comment

The interview also promised that Shenmue 2 being exclusive to the Xbox in the US meant that we'd seen an end to the "franchise". Har har.

Comment

If it is actually gold how can it be worth way more than gold.. surely it is worth the same as (or very slightly more than) gold
                  Xbox's are made out of plastic but they're worth more than plastic...if anything was only worth the price of the materials it was made from then noone would ever make anything!

Comment

But the value of the Dreamcast components would be negligible compared to the value of the gold which is very valuable in itself.. doubt it would add hardly any more value, and personally I would probably melt it down and put it to better use - is there any real need for a games console to be made of gold?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
                      It is, looks like Sega let someone loose on it with a tin of gold spray paint and a black marker. Still it'd be interesting to see how much it's worth
                      I'd say it looks more like someone wiped there arse on it.....

More bronze than gold in that pic!

Comment

Working...
                      X