Will UK DLC work with an AU Rock Band? [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will UK DLC work with an AU Rock Band? [PS3]

EDIT: I bought the original Rock Band for PS3 from CDWOW but they've sent me an AU copy. Before I open the shrinkwrap, does anyone know if I can buy tracks off the UK/EU PSN for this?

If I have the US version of Rock Band 2, would I be able to buy Rock Band tracks from the UK PlayStation Store or would I always need to log into the US Store?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been covered.
    Last edited by Roddie; 24-12-2008, 11:21.

You need to buy tracks from the US Store, and thus you will need to buy a US PSN card.

Comment

Didn't think it was really worth making a new thread, so I've just updated the first post.

Comment

No the DLC is territory locked to the region of the game disc you are using. I had a similar problem - due to the recent ****e £ / us$ exchange rate I thought I could get away with using UK PSN DLC to use with my US copy of the game, as the store doesn't state that you gotta have disc with ID********* like it states for some games. Needless to say it didn't work, but thankfully after a bit of persuassion I managed to get my money back eventually.

Comment

AU is the same as PAL and I believe AU use the same European store... so I don't see why it shouldn't work...

Comment

I forgot to come back to this thread, but I can report that it seems to work fine. All the prices in the in-game store come up in GBP. The only thing I noticed is that some songs weren't listed in the in-game store (like the Rush album Moving Pictures), but I just went to the UK PS Store from the XMB, bought it and it works fine.

Comment

ooooppppps sorry Roddie for the bad info there from my part. Glad it all worked out ok for ya

Comment

Working...
              X