Dreamcast doesn't seem to send out a signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast doesn't seem to send out a signal

Erm, not sure if this should be here, but I have searched high and low for a Dreamcast forum and cannot find one. Basically when I boot up my dreamcast, there is no signal going to my TV. I only have one scart socket, and one AV channel, and nothing is coming through at all. Do I take it that my scart lead is screwed, or am I doing something silly. (btw, if anyone knows of a Dreamcast forum, then feel free to tell me about it!)

how do you mean the signal isn't going through when you switch on the dc , you want the tv to switch over to the av channel ?

then the scart lead isn't wired correctly or your tv might need you to switch to the av channel before you switch the dc on .

Comment

Try another lead. Composite or RF. (The lead that comes with the DC)

Comment

I have found this a few times with my Jap DC, when i set it up i rearlly have to push the RGB scart cable into the AV out on the back of the DC.
        Many times i've just been greeted with a black screen, a quick blow into the AV connection on the DC and into both ends of the scart cable usually does the trick.
        It also maybe you not selecting your AV channel on your tv correctly ??

Comment

Cheers guys for the replies. Did all that was suggested and it appears that I was, as I feared, being stupid. Gave the lead a good blast of cold air with the gf's hairdryer and it has worked a treat! Thanks for all your help

Comment

Don't feel stupid - I'm sure we've all had this moment of panic. The Dreamcast's AV Out is a nightmare, and really needs the lead pushed in well.

Comment

Cheers mid. Had a nightmare last couple of days (bought Suikoden 3 assuming it would work on my flip-top lid. Got a shock when it didn't.), but am hoping Skies of Arcadia will cheer me up!

Comment

Working...
              X