Connect360 iTunes Plus content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect360 iTunes Plus content

Now that apple has gone DRM free does this mean apps like Connect360 can stream itunes plus content to devices like the xbox360?
    Last edited by ne0star; 30-01-2009, 10:06.

Yes, should do. iTMS Plus files use the standard iTunes .m4a container (Apple's own bastardised .mp4 container). So if it plays a file ripped and encoded by iTunes fine, no reason it wouldn't work.

As a side note (and not saying you would share files) but bear in mind that iTunes Plus files still embed your account information even though they are DRM free.

Comment

Cheers for the info. I actually tried it last night, and sure enough it plays back music really well.

It won't playback any of the movies from itunes though, even the DRM free ones.

Comment

What DRM free movies are there on iTunes? o_O

Comment

Some music videos are DRM free, I think, plus video podcasts of course.

I'm pretty sure iTunes videos work on the PS3 using TVersity as the server. I've not tried on the 360 though.

Comment

Yeah I was refering to the music vids as an example. It must be something the 360 doesn't like as they don't play in windows media player either.

Might just buy an apple TV and be done with it

Comment

I've just given it a try with the 360, and it streams purchased (DRM free) music videos fine. This is using TVersity as the media server.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post
                I've just given it a try with the 360, and it streams purchased (DRM free) music videos fine. This is using TVersity as the media server.
                Unfortunatley TVersity is a windows only app. It must transcode the video files in a way the 360 is happy with.

There doesn't seem to be any similar equivelant on the Mac that works with the 360. The problem is mainly down to the fact the 360 isn't a fully uPnP compatible device.

Comment

Working...
                X