Recommend me some good headphones for Ipod touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me some good headphones for Ipod touch

Primarily after a good pair of over the head ones, simply because my freakish ears won't allow me to use in-ears properly.

A nice pair with good noise isolation for public transport use would be nice, but small enough to fit in a pocket or something like that. Have been pointed in the direction of the Sennheiser PX200, but for the amount of negative reviews I've read on them, I'm uneager to spend the ?35-?40 price tag.

I use iGrado neckband style phones from Grado with my iPhone. Now available in the UK in white or black.

Extremely light and lightning fast, this is the signature Grado sound in the smallest of packages.

Based on the SR60i headphones sound quality is excellent and I find them comfortable even when wearing them for hours at a time. Open back style does mean they leak a bit more sound into the room than average phones but I find they do isolate you from ambient noise well.
    I paid about £38 for them.
    Last edited by CMcK; 06-03-2009, 10:37.

Comment

There's some in there that come with up to 6 different mouldings for your ears. The noise isolating ones are spongy, so you just stick them in your ears like ear plugs and wait for them to "seal". Should be comfy in any ear.

Comment

I know you said you didnt want in ear ones but the quality of the Sennheisers CX300 cant be beaten these days for under £20. I normally cant get these type of headphones to sit in my ears without constant adjusting but they come with 3 size earbuds so you can mix and match for each ear.

Comment

I would've also recommend the CX300 (which I use) or the EP-630s from Amazon for an amazing £7.99 but if they won't fit then it's no good. Personally I think you can't beat the ear-canal type for noise isolation and bass for the price.

Comment

The problem I have with the in-ear type isn't so much that they fall out (the rubber tipped ones don't anyway, the ones that came with ipod are hopeless) but that I'm convinced I've not got them fit properly and I can't tell whether they are or not - my current in ear pair, Sony's MDR-EX85 are absolutely terrible, producing too much bass - the ipod ones (when they fit) are very clear but lacking in bass.

I need a pair which combines the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
              I need a pair which combines the 2.
              You'll be wanting a pair of CX300s then. They are the best in-ear headphones I've ever used once I got used to having to poke them in my ears. The bass can be quite frightening when they are pushed right in so I just pull them out a little for perfect sound. That is of course unless I'm listening to techno, in which case the bass really helps.

Comment

The Sonys are dreadful. As you mentioned, overly bassy with no midrange making for a very harsh sound and a very tiring listening experience.
                The CX300s and the ep-630 which I believe are identical are so much better.

Comment

So I should buy either the CX300s or the EP-630?

I'll go with the latter if they are supposed to be identical as they're only £8 on amazon, just don't want another ****ty pair that sound like ass because I've not managed to fit them properly.

Edit: Creative have the EP-830 now, which are only a few quid more - are they worth going for over the 630s?
                  Last edited by Daragon; 08-03-2009, 16:57.

Comment

Working...
                  X