No announcement yet.

New PC and Half-Life 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what sort ofcooler do you have attached to ur 2500?

Comment

A water one

i can run @ 2.2 but need 1.8v to get into windows (my waterblock was the spring type and i damaged the core slightly, it needs reseating as im running 38 idle 45 load which is too high for w/c, but im gonna replace my whole w/c setup. i can post @ 2.5 but need 1.9v which i think is too much for the status of the waterblock at the mo!)

The chip seems to be a good clocker but very greedy for power !

Whats spec of ur overclock - cooler, mobo, ram etc ?

Comment

I know this isnt in trend with your 2500 overclocks. But i've got an xp1700 and i've had it upto 2.2ghz with just HSF cooling, which im very proud of. Although they are renowned for their excellent ability to overclock.

Comment

Is that a 1.5 DLT3C chip ?

Id like one of those to play with

Comment

Shimmy

You can push the 2500xp further, but it depends on the stepping of the individual chip.

My 2500xp is running as I said at 2400 with 200fbs. Im not using watercooling as I really don't fancy it. Currently Ive got a Aero 7 fan on it, using pricy coolmaster thermal cement. Its actually surprising the difference good cement makes to the cpu temp. While on windows it does run slightly hotter than yours at 44. After gaming or serious load it tends to hit the 49-50 mark which is perfectly acceptable.

One thing I notice is your voltage. I hit 2.2 on this with stock voltage. For stable 2.4gig im using 1.675. Originally I pushed it up to 1.7, then brought it back down a step to test stability. That was 3 weeks ago and there have been zero problems with the PC.

Yeah 1700xp are fantastic clockers if you get the right stepping. They can go way, way up

Comment

Working...
            X