Which modem for 360 in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which modem for 360 in the UK?

Hi. Just decided to go online on my 360 the other day, and then realised I would need a modem! for some reason I was expecting it to be like the Dreamcast (just plug into the phone socket). Anyway I want to get a good one, which one do people recommend? I don't know anything about modems. I can't use the modem I use for my PC because it is upstairs and I play downstairs.

Thank you

I'm using a Netgear that came with my Sky Broadband package...couldnt tell you the model number though I'm afraid & it's fine.

Never had it drop out or anything.

Neil

Comment

If your router / modem is wireless you could use the official wireless adaptor instead:

It's quite pricey but you may get it cheaper if you shop around / buy 2nd hand.

Comment

Zavvi are currently selling it for £34.95

Comment

Help us out a little - what modem do you use for your PC?

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure what modem it is - I will have a look tommorrow (just going now). Will the wireless modem be as good for online gaming - won't it be slower?

Comment

Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
              Thanks for the help. I'm not sure what modem it is - I will have a look tommorrow (just going now).
              It should have a make & model number on it. Suggest you post those.
              Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
              Will the wireless modem be as good for online gaming - won't it be slower?
              I can't see it making any difference, TBH. Wireless is a bit slower than wired when you're talking about a lot of data, but the internet connection to the servers or to other players hundreds of miles away will cause far more of a delay than a few feet of wireless within your home. Most everyone will be using wireless, anyway.

Comment

It says LNKSYS Wireless-G ADSL Gateway. I like the idea of wireless - sounds easier

Comment

Ok, so you just need one of these.

You should be able to set the wirless password by going to http://192.168.1.1 - user / password "admin"

Comment

Working...
                  X