Konami Antiques:MSX Collection pack for Sega Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konami Antiques:MSX Collection pack for Sega Saturn

Can anyone tell me what the value of a new sealed copy of Konami Antiques:MSX Collection pack for Sega Saturn is roughly, as Videogame Imports is selling it for ?79.99.

No more than ?20.

Its not hard to find at all.

Comment

What I thought, worth buying for novelty value I suppose.
      Not bad for 30 games:
      Gradius
      Gradius 2
      G II: Ambition of Gofer
      Salamander
      Parodius
      Time Pilot
      Road Fighter
      Twinbee
      Sky Jaguar
      Super Cobra
      Mopiranger
      Antarctic Adventure
      Penguin Adventure
      Yie-Ar Kung Fu
      Yie-Ar Kung Fu 2
      Athletic Land
      Magical Tree
      Knightmare
      Comic Bakery
      Pippols
      King's Valley
      Konami's Boxing
      Konami's Ping Pong
      Hyper Sports 2
      Hyper Sports 3
      Konami's Golf
      Konami's Billiards
      Konami's Tennis
      Konami's Soccer
      Konami Rally

Comment

They are MSX games tho and a lot of them look fairly awful now days, still a few of them are very playable. I bought a sealed new copy from the US for about $25.

Comment

They are also not particularly faithfull emulations of the actual MSX hardware, thus not particularly representative of the original games. Stick to playing these games on a decent emu like paraMSX.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass
            They are also not particularly faithfull emulations of the actual MSX hardware, thus not particularly representative of the original games. Stick to playing these games on a decent emu like paraMSX.
            A friend of mine who used to have a PAL 50hz MSX for years complained that the music was all off in the compilation because it ran too fast. But that was because the compilation runs at 60hz.

I don't think the print run for the MSX collection on the Saturn was particularly large, but I also think it isn't all that desirable, especially in the US where I have come across a few copies.

Comment

No, its not the music in particular (although this seems to be streamed from the disc, rather than emulated). The problem is with the quality of the emulation, or rather the accuracy. In fact, it is neglegable if the games are being emulated at all. It is more likely that they have simply been recoded to 'simulate' the originals. It is pretty improbable that the Saturn could fully emulate an MSX, considering it takes something like a 700Mhz PC to do the job properly.

Comment

Working...
              X