Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web Hosting (Ideally free or very cheap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Hosting (Ideally free or very cheap)

Oh joy, logged into geocities this morning and discovered that yahoo is closing them down in October.

So does anyone have any very cheap or free web hosting they can recommend? I'm somewhat stint at the minute and don't have a lot of spare time or PC access to get this sorted quickly either.

Currently my hosting size is 15 MEG and ideally I need the same or larger smallest I can go down too is 11 MEG not too bothered about bandwidth size at the moment. It's for my old SF3 website, which I don't want to see go the way of the Dodo.

But if anyone knows of a good service they can recommend or is willing to help out I would be very grateful.

www.geocities.com/shining3master

I asked the same question and was told awardspace were good. Been using them for a few years now. They do the hosting, but you need a domain, which costs few quid a year. There might be a way to get that bit for free too though...

Comment

Cheers for the information, I'll check it out.

Don't mind paying a one off fee ever few years for a domain name, as I would be very surprise if anywhere did them for free. It's just the monthly hosting costs I'm concerned about.

Comment

Nearlyfreespeech are excellent. I've been using them for a little while. You just pay for what you use. If it's just a few megs with little traffic, then you'll be paying pennies a month. They do domain registration too.

Comment

Working...
        X