Couple of Saturn questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of Saturn questions

Just got a Jap skeleton Sega Saturn off here and want to know the answers to a couple of basic questions.

Firstly can I use a scart cable for any region Saturn, and secondly are the pads region free?

It seems from what I'm reading the controllers are region free...

Comment

I use a UK official Sega RGB SCART cable on my Japanese machine, so I guess they're cross-compatible. I've been very disappointed with the unofficial cables though, so you might wanna grab an official one - they were packaged with the machine in the UK until ~'97.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for that.

Comment

I actually got one of Chaotic Jelly's custom Scart cables for my Saturn & it's amazing quality.

If you cant find an official one then deffinitley get in touch with him.

Worth every single penny...made such a difference over my previous one.

Neil

Comment

I may just try that...

Comment

You'll be fine playing everything through scart – I've played NTSC and PAL games on my region modified Saturn in RGB.

Comment

Superb. Mr Jelly is making me a cable as we speak

Thanks for all the help folks

Comment

also some games wnt work on your lovely new saturn

Sega ages games like outrun are a fecking nightmare to run and if you get in the hunt to work i will eat my hat, coat and shoes

Comment

Just to note, you'll know if it's an official cable because it doesn't have all of the pins. I think it's only wired for RGB.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                      also some games wnt work on your lovely new saturn

Sega ages games like outrun are a fecking nightmare to run and if you get in the hunt to work i will eat my hat, coat and shoes

Interesting. My machine came with that in the hunt. I was going to try it out tonight...

Comment

Kaitei Daisensou works fine on my Cool Saturn. Do you want salt & vinegar on your hat, coat & shoes, Mr. Broon?

Never got OutRun to work though.

Comment

Hope your garments are made of something tasty Buster, as I just went through the whole of In the Hunt Without anything going wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                            I use a UK official Sega RGB SCART cable on my Japanese machine, so I guess they're cross-compatible. I've been very disappointed with the unofficial cables though, so you might wanna grab an official one - they were packaged with the machine in the UK until ~'97.
                            Some TVs wont switch to RGB if you're using one of the UK scart leads on a Japanese Saturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                              Hope your garments are made of something tasty Buster, as I just went through the whole of In the Hunt Without anything going wrong!
                              never ever got it working on my skeleton and my white

fekk

anyway my clothes are made of monster munch and i've eaten them all

Comment

Working...
                              X