Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you play GBA games from US in a UK GBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you play GBA games from US in a UK GBA?

might be a dumb question but i am a bit unsure.

i know from previous versions of Gameboys that there are no teritorial breakdown on its games like NTSC or PAL. is this still true on GBA SP?

Yes, you can.
    Enjoy!

Comment

thanks mate!

Comment

But I can't link my US Advance Wars with my mates' European copies...

Unless anyone can tell me different...

Comment

Originally posted by Ratso
          But I can't link my US Advance Wars with my mates' European copies...

Unless anyone can tell me different...

Link-ups seem to be regionally coded, not a problem if you have no friends

Comment

The Euro version of Advance Wars is different from the US one in a few ways - there's a language select screen at the beginning and some of the icons have been changed. I always put the fact that the two versions wouldn't link down to that, but I could well be wrong.

Comment

this is ok for me as i don't require any link up play. like the other guy said, this is only possible if you have NO friends...

Comment

Even tho the games themselves arn't region coded, there are generally some code differences between versions for different territories. They also have different product licence codes.

I'm assuming (tho I'm not certain) that the coding API for link games requires it to match product ID codes, or at least some form of checksum based on the code executable.

They won't match between US and EU versions, so the link fails.

Comment

Working...
                X