Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged LCD Help Appreciated!

Hey everyone,

Well I'm in the process of moving stuff from my mums house to a new place and had a bit of a mishap

My 37inch lcd has somehow got damaged in transit despite being packed well. It looks like at some stage the screen has been hit with the plug causing two small-ish tears in the protective coating.

I've hooked the TV up and the screen is still working fine and it doesn't appear to have actually damaged the lcds but its more than a bit annoying as its still visible when the screens on.

So what are my options? Is it possible to just replace the protective coating of the screen or am I looking at replacing the whole panel if I want it fixed?

Cheers in advance for any help!

Originally posted by Jurassic View Post
    So what are my options? Is it possible to just replace the protective coating of the screen or am I looking at replacing the whole panel if I want it fixed?
    Probably the latter. The protective layer is stuck on pretty good, and most repair companies won't have any way to remove it easily. Problem is, a new LCD panel could end up costing more than what the TV is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldgamingfart View Post
      Probably the latter. The protective layer is stuck on pretty good, and most repair companies won't have any way to remove it easily. Problem is, a new LCD panel could end up costing more than what the TV is worth.
      Cheers for the response. I feared as much, guess I'm just going to have to put up with it then, as I'm not in a position to spend loads fixing it or replacing it with an entirely new set. I hate moving stuff...

Comment

Yeah, you're stuck with it. The LCD panels aren't really fixable down to the component level. You might have some luck with some sort of scratch concealment polish, but even that could bugger things up and interfere with any other coatings that are on the panel already.

Comment

Do you have any insurance? You could maybe make a claim for accidental damage but the fact it was in transit may exclude this.

Comment

Cheers for the responses guys. I do have contents insurance but I'm not sure how I'd explain the damage without saying it was in transit. Its really annoying me now as I was so careful packing the thing up. I guess LCDs really are that fragile. I'll see if I can put up with it for a week or so, but the obsessive-compulsive in me is telling me I won't.

Is there anywhere someone could recommend selling this if I want to get rid? Like I say it probably wouldn't bother most people but if I'm only going to get pennies for it I'm not going to be able to afford a replacement.

Comment

What TV is it?

Comment

Its a Sanyo CE37LD33-B

This one:

Comment

You might get lucky either selling it for spare parts, or just selling it as damaged?

Comment

Yeah a family member have said they're interested in buying it if I wanted to sell, so thats an option if I can't put up with it. Cheers for everyones help.

Comment

Working...
                    X