Broken SF4 360 Fightpad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken SF4 360 Fightpad

The R shoulder button has gone on mine after only 10 hours or so of play.

It still works a bit but needs to be pressed really hard. I opened it up and it seems there's a tiny microswitch to register button presses.

Before I go and unsolder it does anyone know if I have any chance of finding a replacement micro switch in Maplin or the like? Could it be a standard part?

Thank you.

Anyone?

Comment

Why don't you get yours replaced by Madcatz in Bristol? You already opened it up, but there is no warranty seal on it as far as I know.

Comment

Hmm well if i was going to look for anything electronical it would be maplins, however if its only 10hours or so old, do you not have any guarentee etc? even with online ordered if of thought that was pretty quick breakage time.

I guess its easy for me to say "go check with maplins" but probably without the part in the palm of your hand they couldnt identify it, bit of a pisser really not sure what to suggest, depends where you got it from, play.com etc, id get onto them and complain, ebay, well, not much you can do warrenty wise

Comment

I bought it off these forums so I don't think there would be any warranty. I'm not inclined to buy a new one either as the build quality seems suspect. I will probably desolder the switch and take it to maplin, nothing to loose really.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
          X