No announcement yet.

more ps3 bull**** or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the 80gig model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more ps3 bull**** or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the 80gig model

Why the hell isnt my ps3 using my frontx2 and center speaker on xmb now, what the **** is up with this pile of **** box, instead all i get sound from is my 2 rear speakers

this console is a crock of utter **** now im fed up of all this bull****, new refurb from sony and still all i hear while on playtv is the ****ing things fan going, forget the "in a snow storm" tv joke from yester year, its all about fan-noise now, what the fk do you want from me sony, to live in the arctic circle
    Last edited by Largo; 01-08-2009, 18:12.

Comment

the only thing left todo is for me to buy an 80gig model and see if that does the same fan crap, if it does then im going to sell both and just use 360, fk this console

and at least THEN ill know i tried everything

Comment

Sorry to hear about the problems Largo

My 80GB seems really quiet & I was just wondering if your local to sunny Basildon then you'd be welcome to pop round & compare my one with yours to see if an 80GB is a better unit & should save you some pennies in buying one lol

Neil

Comment

Cheers soundwave, im sadly in cornwall, about as far west from essex as i could of plunked myself, anyhow i just traded in my brand new refurbed 40, for a brand new 80gig....however truth be told ill do the fan testing later, my god i cant bare it anymore, god damn inhumanity of man, think im just going to go sob into a wet tissue

Comment

My 40 GB UK console is as good as silent compared to the 80 GB US console I tried and then swiftly sold due to its fan noise. I believe they both had different chips, UK the newer cooler one and US the old hotter one.

Comment

Sorry for laughing Largo, but I thought this was sorted after your other thread.

Tbh I’d say the best solution might be to cut your loses, sell /take back the refurb, and wait for the slimline model; with all the components shrunk down at least fan noise won’t be an issue.

If you’re desperate though, your best bet is to buy a new 40gb PS3 (think they released the 45nm recently) or get yourself a Jap 40GB (65nm) model off eBay ; I used to have a silver jp one and it was absolutely silent.

Comment

Dont worry kit i appreciate the laughs, i needed someone to laugh after my rage, or people would think i really was a maniac

Took the brand new 40gig refurb down to game, traded it in for brand new 80gig and? You know i dont really want to complete this sentance or im just going to do myself over with jinx and all that, perhaps if i touch some wood or something
                So far...its working perfectly, 25mins in drakes, no fan, 20mins on playtv(at time on postage) no fan, so its already a 100% improvement.

THANK THE LORD, MEIN SANITY HAS BEEN SAVED

Now theres more of a question of "wtf", i mean how could the new refurb develop or play the same, i think its a firmware hash up, or something on sonys part, playtv especially, something isnt sorted correctly for models , i know this might sound far fetched, but believe me, i could write a god damn thesis on my ps3 fan research, and i might very well

REJOICE MY FRIENDS REJOICE THE !!!END!!! OF THIS NIGHTMARE IS AT HAND, the sound of fans will only now haunt my nightmares

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                  So far...its working perfectly, 25mins in drakes, no fan, 20mins on playtv(at time on postage) no fan, so its already a 100% improvement.
                  So...Blazblue tomorrow evening ?

Comment

Did i play you before b? with the giant lag? or was that someone else

Comment

IIRC we played together and there was no lag. BTW, so far I've only encountered a major slowdown and it was yesterday night, but it lasted 4 or 5 secs.

Comment

ah ok must of been something else, no worries

Comment

hmm lost my resi5 and sfiv saves in system restore, since they are locked to 1 system or whatever

there goes my professinal mode clear, all unlocks, infinite ammo etc

although my sf iv record was rather ****
                          Last edited by Largo; 02-08-2009, 12:12.

Comment

Working...
                          X