XBox 360 - New User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks,

I've signed into my old Tag to see if there was anything worth downloading again, was surprised to see there's nearly 300 items on the old Tag including quite a few games.

I've started downloading them but to use them on my new tag will I need to keep my old Tag on the console or can I remove it once I have what I want?

I had no idea that I had so much that was downloadable on that Tag, I've already got Burnout 3, Halo, Fable, Tempest & Space Giraffe downloading and I've still got over 10 pages to go through on xboxlive.com.

Comment

You'll need to keep the old tag and to access some of the DLC you'll need to sign in that profile on a second controller.

Comment

I've got a wired 360 controller which I sometimes use on my PS3 sign into the old account with then just unplug it and I can play them fine, if I sign out of the old tag the games just show up as trial versions.

It's a bit of a shame that I can't just use the new tag but it takes about 30 seconds to sign in with the old one so I'm really not going to complain. I'm surprised that I can't even let them download in the background while not being signed in with a tag that didn't buy them.

I've only tried Halo out of the XBox games so far but I'm very impressed with how good it looks. I'm looking forward to trying Burnout & Fable too as I'm playing the sequels on the 360 at the moment.

I've found that the dash has frozen a few times when navigating which really worried me at first but reading about Tuesday's update it seems that it's not that unusual.

I'm still finding the dash can be a little cumbersome when navigating & I'd like them to add the option to customise the layout more in the future. It's just small things after using the PS3's XMB for so long I suppose.

I'm still not quite sure what to make of the Avatars at the moment, I really didn't like the idea at first but I don't mind them at the moment. I suppose they'll really start to take off when they start being used by the major games such as Tiger Woods & Guitar Hero are going to do.

I quite like the effect that you get on the dash when you have a camera connected, I didn't notice it at first. I hope that if end up getting one of the Natal cameras sometime that we won't still need to have the camera connected. I've been using the 360 cam on my Mac so I'd be happy to just leave it over there permanently instead of just when it's needed.

I've been impressed with the 360 so far and it's been nice to be able to play Fable 2 & Gears of War 2 and it's probably made me realise that we'll likely never have the ideal console. Both this and the PS3 have some really positive things about them as well as some negative things and somewhere in the middle there's a console that gets everything spot on.

Comment

Not sure if they'd be your cup of tea John but there are a couple of games on the arcade that use avatars (in addition to various card games): A Kingdom for Keflings and the recently release Madballs.

Comment

Thanks, I had seen the avatar section in the marketplace.

I'm not really interested myself but I can imagine avatars becoming far more prominent once it's standard to have them in some of the bigger games. I know there's chargeable stuff being released for them soon which seems a bit mad but if the figures are to be believed then publishers are making a fair bit of cash doing the same in Home.

Comment

Ahh, thought it was you I got a friend request from. Hope you're enjoying the new 360

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                Ahh, thought it was you I got a friend request from. Hope you're enjoying the new 360
                Yes thanks, me and my 447G are loving it at the moment!

Like I said though, some things work better than the PS3 and some don't...so I think I hate them both now.

Another thing thing that's annoying me about this now is the bloody points, I can't think in points when I buying stuff. I understand exactly why they do it due to them working on a global scale but I'd much rather just use proper money. I'm still having to use a points convertor before buying stuff.

I'm loving the ability to instal games but it's surprising how quickly a 120GB hdd starts to fill up. I'd really love to be able to install Crackdown on the hdd though as the difference in noise between a hdd & DVD game is horrendous and does get it in the way a little for me.

I think I've pretty much got all the exclusive games that I want now due to me mainly wanting older games which seem really cheap now. This is what I have so far and any recommendations from looking at these would eb appreciated:
                • Beautiful Katamari
                • Burnout Revenge
                • Crackdown
                • Fable II (Absolutely loving this at the moment)
                • Gears of War
                • Gears of War II (I've got 2 of these as I got one with the console)
                • Ghost Recon 2
                • GTA IV (I really want to like this but it was a mess on the PS3 and I bit when saw this for ?10)
                • Halo 3
                • Halo Wars (With the 360, not tried it yet)
                • Infinite Undiscovery (Ordered)
                • Left4Dead (Ordered)
                • Lost Odyssey
                • Mass Effect
                • PGR 4
                • Race Pro
                • Tomb Raider Anniversary
                • Tomb Raider Legend
                • You're in the Movies (Still sealed)

I've played things like GoW & PGR before and there will be others but I can't remember what now.

I've been looking at the DLC for games but I'm finding some of it confusing. From what I can tell both the GTA & GoW DLC is getting a retail release some time this year?

Is the Halo 3 stuff all being included in ODST or is it just parts of it?

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                  Another thing thing that's annoying me about this now is the bloody points, I can't think in points when I buying stuff. I understand exactly why they do it due to them working on a global scale but I'd much rather just use proper money. I'm still having to use a points convertor before buying stuff.
                  Its like Disneyland dollars. You swap real dollars for 'Disney dollars' which you can't spend once you've left Disneyland.

The issue I have is that it is heavily geared towards americans. A 1600 point card is perfectly divisible. You can get two 800 point games, or four 400 point games. But in other territories where the points are sold in non-divisible lots, you end up with... pocket change. So you have to spend it on throwaway **** like themes and gamer pics.

Until they give me a real price with real money at the sum I want to spend, I don't support them. The new games on demand credit card/pay pal options are a step in the right direction, but it needs to hurry up and extend to everything on the marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry
                    I've signed into my old Tag to see if there was anything worth downloading again, was surprised to see there's nearly 300 items on the old Tag including quite a few games.

I've started downloading them but to use them on my new tag will I need to keep my old Tag on the console or can I remove it once I have what I want?
                    In answer to that, this may be of use to other users as nobody has mentioned it yet. I've used Microsoft's License Transfer which does pretty much what you'd expect from that name.

It transfers the software licenses from my old gamer tag to my new console and allows any gamer tag on the new console to play the games. It took a total of five minutes to do and I got a nice set of 15+ games as well as a load of other stuff including the now deleted Sex Pistols theme & gamer pics which I'm reeeaaally glad to get back!

it seems that you can only do it once every 12 months without the monotony of having to phone a Microsoft call centre.

A big thanks goes out to ex NTSCer Yoshimax for letting me know me about it!!!

When you're doing the transfer it lists all the consoles that you've registered to you, I wasn't sure how many replacements I'd had but this one is apparently my 5th 360 & 2nd Elite!!

Comment

Sorry for slightly hijacking the thread John but looking for the following answer.

If you have a limited edition console like the Halo or Resi evil and you get the rrod do microsoft replace with like,repair the original or do you end up with a white refurb.

Comment

I've got a game specific question but I'm not sure if anybody still plays it so this seems like the place to ask.

I got hold of a cheap copy of Forza 2 and I can remember that when it first came out that people could download free custom skins from somewhere. Is this still available as I can only find the auctioned skins?

EDIT:
                        Just had a hike through the old Forza 2 first play thread and I can see that you have to be sent the free ones rather than just choosing to download them.
                        Last edited by JP; 15-08-2009, 18:45.

Comment

Hey John, let me know if you want my most awesome Rez car and ZX Spectrum mobile for them retro quality moments

Comment

WOAH!!!

I seem to remember seeing the Rez one on here before somewhere. Was there a special thread for the designs that people did on here?

I'd love a copy thanks, what do I do?

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                              WOAH!!!

I seem to remember seeing the Rez one on here before somewhere. Was there a special thread for the designs that people did on here?

I'd love a copy thanks, what do I do?
                              Don't think you need to do anything. I'll gift you them tomorrow sometime.

Comment

Cheers mate, I'll have a look later.

Also, if anybody else has any free skins available then I'd be really grateful to get a copy of them if you don't mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X