Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jigsaw 24. Can't remember the URL.

Comment

Haven't you got a John Lewis or an Apple Store near you? PC World & Tescos also sell Macs. You won't find any saving on most Macs by buying online.

I really do recommend buying retail, for the reason mentioned before - simplicity should you ever have to invoke the Sale of Goods Act.

Comment

John Lewis is a great place to buy a Mac from. They give you 2 years warranty versus Apple's 1 so you don't really need to buy Apple Care unless you really feel the need. If you sign up to their store credit card, you also get 6 months interest free on all purchases so I just spread the payments over 6 months and then cut up the card.

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
          John Lewis is a great place to buy a Mac from. They give you 2 years warranty versus Apple's 1 so you don't really need to buy Apple Care unless you really feel the need. If you sign up to their store credit card, you also get 6 months interest free on all purchases so I just spread the payments over 6 months and then cut up the card.
          Wish id known about that when i bought my macs a year ago, that's quite good.

Comment

I usually get my Macs from John Lewis, however they dont stock the low-end Mac Mini so I had to get it elsewhere. Rang up and ordered it from Apple, got a small discount because of my employer.

Still would've much prefered John Lewis as I get 12% discount there!

Comment

there seems to be a redemption offer on right now with the macbook pro's

?145 back on an ipod touch or something

if you're going to get one now might be the best time, the offer runs out the 8th Sept apparently

Comment

Looks like tomorrow may be Macday for me, I can't wait!

I'm going for the 13" Macbook (new model, not pro) with 2.4GHz P8600, 2gb ram, 250gb hdd.

It's brand-new and sealed for £675 after discount from work, I think that's a good price. They dropped in price this afternoon from £825 to £795 and I'm going ahead with it.

I'm quite anxious as it's a big leap (been with PCs my whole life, never owned a Mac) but I'm really excited about it.

Comment

Nice one. I have the white Macbook and it's a dream (stuck 4 gig in it). been running Leopard for about a year and it's as fast as the day I got it. That's never happened with a Windows machine before!

Comment

Working...
                  X