Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

360 suddenly cuts out, tv says 'mode not supported'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 suddenly cuts out, tv says 'mode not supported'?

So I'm playing Guitar Hero: (Noun) Hits, when suddenly, as if to chide me for not playing Rock Band, the picture goes dead, not quite black, more like very dark grey horizontal lines (the sound keeps going. I, being stupid, keep singing for 5 seconds). I powered off and then tried booting again, only for my TV to tell me 'mode not supported.' I unplugged the HDTV in and plugged it into the component (the red white yellow) and got no signal at all. I tried my US Wii in there and it worked fine.

I'd hazard a guess my component cable is dead. But I'm not sure how to test that without buying a new one, which I'd rather avoid if that isn't the problem. Any help? The TV is a Samsung PS-42C7HD, if that means anything.

I've read on the net through a quick google that this happened a lot to people after installing then NXE, but I did that a loooong time ago without a problem.

Thanks! I'm gonna get withdrawals without my daily dose a' drummin'...

When you boot up to a black screen, do you still have audio?

Comment

Nope, nothing.

It isn't a black screen now, just the TV's default blue screen. The message goes from 'no signal' to 'mode not supported' once the 360 is powered on, which means it is picking up some signal. I wonder if the display mode has shifted, but I have no way of knowing.

Comment

Try this if the settings are wrong:

EDIT: I meant to specify the "more information" video reset procedure.
        Last edited by egparadigm; 20-08-2009, 21:25.

Comment

Did you mean you mean you unplugged a HDMI cable and that's what you were using when this happened?

The (test?) cable you're using is Composite, not Component. The yellow plug carries the video signal, the red and white: R/L audio respectively.

If the Composite RCA sockets (or Composite SCART adapter) on the TV are still working for a Wii then it indicates the TV's not at fault either.

Something else is going on here and I think we need more info, particularly as to what cable you were using when this happened.
          Last edited by fallenangle; 20-08-2009, 21:39.

Comment

Actually, there isn't any more info needed.

IT just RRoD'd.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Great, have to buy that cheap arcade thing now -_-
            Last edited by Ippikami; 20-08-2009, 21:42.

Comment

Well that is a bit of a bugger. Commiserations.

What model/version/age is it? Still under warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                Well that is a bit of a bugger. Commiserations.

What model/version/age is it? Still under warranty?
                I got it the day they came out (so no HDMI). Totally out of warranty

Another £130 at GAME then...

At least it lived a glorious 3 1/2 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Ippikami View Post
                  I got it the day they came out (so no HDMI). Totally out of warranty

Another ?130 at GAME then...

At least it lived a glorious 3 1/2 years...

thats not bad at all! - i think i when through 4 in that timeframe

Comment

Working...
                  X