No announcement yet.

Looking for New PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Toms Hardware, those Shuttles are really noisy. It's the one thing that's putting me off buying one.

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
      According to Toms Hardware, those Shuttles are really noisy. It's the one thing that's putting me off buying one.
      Thanks for highlighting that Burai - I hadnt seen it mentioned anywhere else.

I wonder just how noisy they are? Heat problems were also mentioned in the review, which I had heard elsewhere, but I have no idea just how bad the problems are.

Comment

Take anything Toms Hardware says with pinch of salt. It's a lame, bull**** site.

Have a read of the www.hardocp.com and www.hexus.net reviews / forums.
        The shuttle boxes have the same issues you may or may not encounter with all systems. They're also quieter than your standard pc but still not silent.

They are by no means 'really noisy', and to be fair you'll have a hard time making any pc silent. (if you intend to run anything useful on it)

Comment

The Hush PC uses an external power supply (so does another small one that uses the MiniITX format, but I forget which it is now) and a slower chip so you have no fans - silence... but a mate has the shuttle and to be honest, the noise is nothing like a normal PC, it's quiet enough.

C

Comment

Working...
          X