Peer Guardian or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peer Guardian or something else?

With Mandy kicking up a storm about banning peeps who use P2P - what is the best way to cover tracks when using torrents?

I currently use uTorrent to grab US TV shows. Mostly on private trackers.

Is Peer Guardiam any good these days or is there an alternative?

If you use PeerGuardian you might find this site useful:

Comment

Peer Guardian won't protect you against ISP snooping. SSH tunneling servers are your best bet for that.

Of course huge amounts of traffic through an SSH connection is incredibly suspicious anyway...

Comment

I'm not sure how being banned from the internet is actually enforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
          I'm not sure how being banned from the internet is actually enforceable.
          Like Mr Ono said Mr Mandelson thought it would be a great idea to try and inforce that idea. And got a bit of stick http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8219652.stm

But then the good old EU Paliament stuck a spanner in his plans.
          "EU Parliament approves law ensuring Internet access as a fundamental right"
          The right of an individual to access the Internet is equivalent to the right to free speech, in a European bill that now faces a skeptical Telecoms Council.

Checkmate!
          Last edited by huxley; 04-09-2009, 18:37.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
            Peer Guardian won't protect you against ISP snooping. SSH tunneling servers are your best bet for that.
            What he said. You can get also get "VPN" accounts abroad (eg Sweden) which do the same thing but are easy to set up.

Comment

Working...
            X