DS Lite wont switch on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS Lite wont switch on

A work colleague has just given me her old DS Lite (it's pink!) and it wont turn on. I knew this before I got it.

Here's the deal. When the charger is plugged in the left hand light is on and showing orange. When I slide the power switch up then the right hand light goes bright green -> dull green -> bright green again-> off. Just as it goes off the bottom screen flashes very quickly white.

Any ideas? It wont turn on when the charger is attached, just does the same thing.

I'm hopefully going to try a new battery at lunch but was wondering if anyone can think of anything else?

Cheers

New battery is the most likely fix although it may be the contacts are dirty.

Comment

OK, will def try that at lunch.

I've had it plugged in on my desk and the orange light has just gone out, that's supposed to mean that it's fully charged right?

I've never even used a DS before let alone owned one so it's all a bit odd to me!

Comment

I think it may be the contacts. Holding down the battery compartment hard results in it working but if I let go it'll switch off at some random point.

I clearly don't have a tiny little screwdriver in the office though to allow me to get the cover off!!

Comment

So, update time.

I bought a set of screwdrivers from Wilkinsons (99p, bargain) and got the battery cover off.

Forcing the battery inboard as per the attachment now means that it switches on every time but the slightest knock (e.g. putting on my desk) will turn it off.

It seems that no-where on the high street sells batteries so I don't really know what to do now. Wanted to give it to my wife for her birthday on Monday but doubt I'll get a battery by then.

Might just go buy a second hand DS Lite if I can find one that works.
          Attached Files

Comment

Are the contacts dirty? If so have you tried cleaning the contacts with a rubber?

Comment

Battery and console contacts are spotless like it's never been opened before.

Had a go with a rubber and still the same.

I'm now suspecting a cracked solder joint somewhere in the power circuit.

Comment

Working...
              X